Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What are we reading?

That is way back.
    In hono[u]r of his passing, I'm currently re-reading John leCarre's The Honourable Schoolboy, which is the middle book in his "Karla Trilogy" and the follow-up to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. He was one of the handful of truly great novelists of the past half-century, and kept putting out amazing books into his late 80s.
    -Formerly Stabulator

The Long Walk by Stephen King. I'm enjoying it so far considering I normally read physical therapy research papers and books as of lately.

My sister got me the novelized version of X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga for Christmas. It was a nice gesture but it was kind of overkill. I have read the comic many times, watched the cartoon and watched two movies based on it. I am all Dark Phoenixed out. I doubt I'll read it, will just put it on the shelf with the trade paperbacks.

I don't read many books anymore...paperback or ebook, as I've taken more of a preference to audiobooks. I'm a better listener than reader, I guess. It doesn't help that my eyesight is slowly deteriorating. Books about astral projection (especially by Robert Monroe), and other "forbidden" knowledge interest me greatly these days.
    Last edited by sandydandy; January 11th, 2021 at 02:54 PM.

For pleasure reading I do ebooks exclusively these days - I'm not sure if my eyesight has gotten worse, or if I'm just much more exhausted when I go to bed and have trouble focusing my eyes.
    -Formerly Stabulator