Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What are we reading?

That is way back.
    In hono[u]r of his passing, I'm currently re-reading John leCarre's The Honourable Schoolboy, which is the middle book in his "Karla Trilogy" and the follow-up to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. He was one of the handful of truly great novelists of the past half-century, and kept putting out amazing books into his late 80s.
    -Formerly Stabulator

The Long Walk by Stephen King. I'm enjoying it so far considering I normally read physical therapy research papers and books as of lately.

My sister got me the novelized version of X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga for Christmas. It was a nice gesture but it was kind of overkill. I have read the comic many times, watched the cartoon and watched two movies based on it. I am all Dark Phoenixed out. I doubt I'll read it, will just put it on the shelf with the trade paperbacks.

I don't read many books anymore...paperback or ebook, as I've taken more of a preference to audiobooks. I'm a better listener than reader, I guess. It doesn't help that my eyesight is slowly deteriorating. Books about astral projection (especially by Robert Monroe), and other "forbidden" knowledge interest me greatly these days.
    Last edited by sandydandy; January 11th, 2021 at 01:54 PM.

For pleasure reading I do ebooks exclusively these days - I'm not sure if my eyesight has gotten worse, or if I'm just much more exhausted when I go to bed and have trouble focusing my eyes.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Gonna start reading Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. Bought it a couple of days ago. Looks like a weird sci-fi thriller that could be turned into a movie.
    Started on this book again, for the third time. Last time I got 1/3 of the way through, but put it down for some reason. Now I picked it up again a few days ago and have already surpassed where I left off before.

Itís such an engrossing story and I find myself almost speeding through it. I guess either Iíve become a fast reader or novels in general are easier to read.

Did some digging and thereís no movie planned for this book, but instead a TV series on Apple TV. Thatís probably the best way to go these days.

Iím almost halfway through the book now and look forward to wrapping it up in the next couple of days.