Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: T.50

I remember them saying the headlights were bad on the race car at LeMans, but the story made it sound like all the headlights for all the cars were bad in the rain, and the two they added near the center on the front helped them maintain speed in poor visibility.
    Get that weak shit off my track

One thing that seeing all those videos and articles has convinced me of is that an Alpine A110 seems like a fun car irl.
    -Formerly Stabulator

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I remember them saying the headlights were bad on the race car at LeMans, but the story made it sound like all the headlights for all the cars were bad in the rain, and the two they added near the center on the front helped them maintain speed in poor visibility.
    I remember McLaren put out a video on the anniversary of the victory and discussed the headlights, I think they developed them more for the spread of the beam width since they are angled to the side, to help on cornering in the night.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of!

I was going to try and find it, but they've made most of the videos in that playlist private now

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...KY24INtNxEEPcY

I seem to remember that McLaren offered a Xenon upgrade quite a few years later, because they were so bad. I think that and the Downforce pack were quite popular.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    One thing that seeing all those videos and articles has convinced me of is that an Alpine A110 seems like a fun car irl.
    Yes. It is a legitimately fun piece of kit.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I was waiting for someone to post the Spyder front end photo. The two cars weigh about the same, and if you've spent any time around a Spyder you know how basic and small they are. What GMA has achieved with weight is mind blowing, but I guess exotic materials count for a chunk of that.
    so are we going to see replica kits on the MR2 Spyder then? The only thing missing would be 500 horsepower

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I seem to remember that McLaren offered a Xenon upgrade quite a few years later, because they were so bad. I think that and the Downforce pack were quite popular.
    *Googles*

https://carbuzz.com/news/25-years-on...-for-f1-owners

And they may have been sourced from BMW Z1 parts bin

https://www.mclarenlife.com/threads/...ade.546/page-2

SupercarOwner's view of the new 3 seat supercars Speedtail, 004S, & T.50

https://karenable.com/21st-century-3...-the-gma-t-50/

Junior Potato
    The Speedtail is as ugly as flattened batshit, the SCG 004 looks exciting if a bit brute-forced, and yep, the T.50 is still to my eyes the choice of the three.

Plus this guy is wrong about Racing Point - they have no involvement in this car aside from assistance with aerodynamic testing. If they were to compete with the Valkyrie, it would only be if they both competed in the WEC Hypercar class. While I would love to see it, it's a very, very, very long shot for GMA to put the resources into developing a racing program.