Page 1857 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 8571357175718071847185518561857185818591867190719572357 ... LastLast
Results 18,561 to 18,570 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Oh ok thanks for clarifying. I always thought congress was only the House and the senate was separate from congress.
    That's a really common thing to think, even here in the states - I think it comes from the fact that House representatives are colloquially called "Members of Congress," sometimes House Reps, or congressmen, while members of the Senate are pretty much only called Senators. This even extends to official campaign signs - You see "JoshInKC for Congress" vs "JoshInKC for Senate".
    It's weird.
    -Formerly Stabulator

What a day yesterday. What's to come still? I stayed up and watched the remainder of the Arizona objection debate, and then the counting, and then the very lengthy Pennsylvania objection debate. The Republicans had pubic hair thin arguments for wanting to throw PA out. It was fucking annoying as hell. What was GREAT to watch was Rep. Conor Lamb's rebuttal the way he stuck it hard to those bozos across the aisle, sparking a violent reaction causing Pelosi to kick the Republican out.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Ok I sort of understand the whole Pence thing now. His figurehead role as leader of the senate means he has to more or less “sign off” on the electoral shit. I saw a video of Biden doing the same in early 2017 to accept Trump’s election win.

Based on what I’m reading it doesn’t make a difference if he actually does it or not, as he doesn’t have the power to overturn shit. It’s all for show. I would respect him 0.5% more if he did the right thing.

We know Pence is nothing more than a little weasel who loves to lick Trump’s cornhole. Good riddance to him too on January 20th.
    So I won't respect him just 0.5%, actually much more than that. He was very professional and executed his duties faithfully. It was nice to see he had a bit of integrity. I wonder what his political future will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    This even extends to official campaign signs - You see "JoshInKC for Congress" vs "JoshInKC for Senate".
    I've seen those signs.

Yeah I always thought house and congress were the same thing. Learned something new yesterday.

I do not get why anyone is calling for impeachment. He was already impeached. Nothing happened.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    If he's impeached this time, it makes him ineligible to run again in 2024/ever, for any government position.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Brothers from the north*, Are you ready to accept that you have a deep-rooted racial problem**? That it needs to be addressed?

____

* Maga who put his feet up on Pelosi's desk is Canadian, I believe.
    ** Your problem stems from the fact that America was built upon plunder and slave labor; ours is a bit different, we are gaslighting the ancestral owners of this land by telling them they're not really indigenous and that they are instead mestizo.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    If he's impeached this time, it makes him ineligible to run again in 2024/ever, for any government position.
    If that’s case, I’m all for impeachment!

It’s pointless banning him on Facebook and Twitter if he is still able to run for office in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Brothers from the north*, Are you ready to accept that you have a deep-rooted racial problem**? That it needs to be addressed?

____

* Maga who put his feet up on Pelosi's desk is Canadian, I believe.
    ** Your problem stems from the fact that America was built upon plunder and slave labor; ours is a bit different, we are gaslighting the ancestral owners of this land by telling them they're not really indigenous and that they are instead mestizo.
    I think only the white supremacists don’t acknowledge this racial problem.

However, I still tend to believe the deeper problem is the tremendous wealth gaps...

Europeans vs America Indians?
    Europeans vs Africans?
    It’s also easy to exploit Asian countries while they have cheap laborers, but as people get richer, they’ll become much harder to push around.

Racial problems can be overcome by money... see Lewis Hamilton. Who dare discriminate against the rich and famous?

However, money problems cannot be solved by the color of your skin. Plenty of poor white people in america.

So the wealth inequalities are the bigger issue than race IMHO.

Most studies I've seen about the economic make up of the maga faction do not point to inequality or disenfranchisement, sure there are anecdotal tales propping up in newspaper articles about individuals, but the norm tends to be that these are privileged morons.

So, no, there is a racial problem in how the institutions that govern public life make a differential treatment of whites and eastern Asians versus everyone else.
    acket.

Just to be head the point home, agencies of :

Law enforcement,
    Justice,
    Education,
    Healthcare,
    Banking and finance,
    Housing

Are implementing policies based on the ethnicity of people in America.
    acket.

Anyway, at least with money, we could make them, lose them, win them, redistribute them, give them away, or rob and steal them...

But the color of our skin can't really be changed. It's also very difficult to change people's hearts quickly.

Regardless of the economic make up of the MAGA crowd, if we can reduce the wealth gap between groups, it'll be much easier to check and balance each other.

Point is that it's easier to solve money problems than racial problems. Solving the money problem will also make solving the racial problem easier. Especially even if MAGA crowd are full of rich people, it'll be difficult to fight against them when you are living below poverty levels. When people don't have to worry about their next meal, then they have a fighting chance.

Lewis Hamilton beat probably one of the whitest system ever! That's freaking awesome and the best way to beat white men fairly at their own game! I don't believe it's the right thing to do to force F-1 teams to hire more minority drivers, right? Similarly, we shouldn't have to force NBA and NFL team owners to hire more asians just to reflect the population? Content of people's character or their actual qualification should be the most important factors. We just need to make sure people don't fall thru the cracks and get exploited/abused...

White supremacists exist, I don't think anyone doubts that. The problem is what do we do? Hang them? Lock'em up? Kick the crap out of them?

I just thought Lewis Hamilton's way is the best way to show them.