Page 101 of 225 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2246

Thread: iRacing

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    What da fuq is this shit?

The featured car was the overall leader of LMP1. The car he hit is me, coming a solid 5th in LMP2.

The lap was the last lap. The leader was coming in to take the checkered while I was about to take the white flag. There's no rhyme or reason (other than glory) for why I didn't simply let him past, but that was not his problem. His problem was making sure he uses his brake pedal.

After the race he gets on chat and complains that I was driving too slow. He claimed that I was 40kmh slower than the LMP2 leader in that chicane. He said it was dangerous.

I said that his logic was stupid and I don't care how much slower I am than what the leader is.

He signs off by saying that he will lodge a protest for intentional wrecking. I have the whole chat log screen-shotted and the replay saved in case I need it.

Look at his driving record for crying out loud? Surely he would know better.
    He is at fault.
    And an idiot... why in the hell he went on to pass you? At the last corner of the last lap of a race he was winning?
    What if he would have spun out because of his actions?
    Stupid ways to throw away a victory and where to look for them.

Many drivers have an arrogant, delusional entitlement about lapping slower cars. :shrug:

Junior Potato
    So… I was having a discussion with some people on a discord server about the above incident.

A few of them seemed to very strongly agree with the driver who hit me. One of them even shared this video in support of his argument, saying that the car he was lapping took a stupid line and he had no time to react so therefore it was not his fault.

https://streamable.com/dhu08a

So I took the roasting as best I could and I’ve come here seeking validation and hugs pease make the bad drivers stahhp

I have not watched the video, but they are wrong, arrogant and entitled. They need to review iRacing’s tutorial videos about proper race craft.

Wait, is it a joke video? I would rather not give a view to a entitled jerk.
    Last edited by Cam; May 5th, 2021 at 04:26 AM.

The video with you is so obviously the LMP1 driver's fault. He was so far back, and you're going to into a tight, technical section. Were you supposed to just come to stop long before the turn-in point? Fuck that guy, and fuck the people agreeing with him. Just because you're in a faster class doesn't mean others are supposed to jump out of the way like a pedestrian in Crazy Taxi.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Wait, is it a joke video? I would rather not give a view to a entitled jerk.
    Not a joke. But also they gain nothing from views on clips like this.

You can rebut with iRacing's tutorial videos about passing etiquitte: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuvY...ovWv6&index=11

"There is one rule that must be followed in all forms of motorsport. This is the big one; no matter what series, track, or car you're driving. It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident-free."

Junior Potato
    I think part 7c of that series is more pertinent here.

But here is how the conversation started. I am going to leave it because me pushing the issue breeds negativity and I've lost their ear. They need someone else to explain it for them, or figure it out for themselves.

He's just being a dick. Report him if possible, if he harassed you after the race.

Junior Potato
    I just had a good ESS race which I am quite proud of. Now for some reason if I turn on my Fanatec wheel after launching into the game my shift lights and gear indicator displays don't work, so I had none of that available for the whole 1hr race.

Gridded fourth in class and on lap 1 I went a leeeeeeeetle bit too hot into the Dunlop chicane and nudged the side of another driver, which meant I had aero damage right from the beginning. I got hung out to dry big time on the first run out of Tetre Rouge and was in 8th place or something by the first chicane. I lost no further positions for the entire race, but with the aero damage I couldn't attack, only keep up with the driver ahead. He slipped a few further seconds ahead over the opening five laps but never got more than 6 seconds ahead.

Another problem: I don't know if it was me or the car damage but I felt like my brakes weren't as effective and found myself under-braking into most of the turns. This did mean that I nipped a brake on far fewer occasions than previously, so to coin a phrase close enough to a pun, I just rolled with it.

A few of the other cars fell off for silly reasons and I was up to 5th at the pit stops. After they'd shaken themselves out, I was for some reason in 3rd and had no idea why. A quick review of the replay gave me my answer. These two had a really good battle for quite a few laps, but it all fell apart at the wrong moment. Sadly the replay cuts out right at the good part.

After that I maintained my distance to the car ahead as best I could in case he made a mistake but we stayed in formation and I finished 3rd in class. A fine result while battling through a compounded stack of annoying issues. Time for bed