Page 2009 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1009150919091959199920072008200920102011201920592109 ... LastLast
Results 20,081 to 20,090 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I understand why people feel upset about it. But, look at it from a different angle. She took the message directly to the people who need to hear it. What would she have accomplished staying away, and instead going on Rachel Maddow or something?

I love it when people from the other side try to reach across the table. I tried to watch Bill Maher for a while because he frequently would have Republicans on his show. But I just couldn't stand him enough. LOL
    Heh, I definitely didn't see it as reaching across the table. It reminded me more, though nowhere near the in the same league, as the Dead Kennedys attending BAM Magazine's Bammie awards when they got nominated for California Uber Alles. They showed up at a music industry event and started playing the song they were supposed to say, then stopped, whipped around ties over their shirts they'd spray painted "S"s on to make dollar signs, and then did a sorta-parody song of My Sharona as "My Payola", with the refrain "Is my cock big enough, is my brain small enough, for you to make me a star?"

It wasn't even remotely that same level of "fuck you", but there was still a bit of that for me. It's got it's flaws (designer owes lots in taxes, it's potentially taking gifts one shouldn't as a congresscritter), but there's still a punk rock vibe to it that I liked.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    there's still a punk rock vibe to it that I liked.
    Slightly off-topic, but I really liked that Lewis Hamilton would use his money to buy a table at the gala, invite young, Afrodescendant* fashion designers and then have Anna Wintour co-host the table. That is the definition of buying up influence.

_____
    * I don't recall if they were all American or British or Afrocaribbean.
    acket.

Administrator
    See, it annoys me that he keeps doing things that I like.

AOC supposedly has some afro in her? She'd probably attend such event for free with her free dress, all paid for by Lewis Hamilton, saying: "Max #1!"

Administrator
    Long but (IMHO) worth reading essay from a longtime arch conservative: Opinion: Our constitutional crisis is already here

I probably have a few "gift" article credits if any of you hits a paywall.

Can you just copy and paste the article here? I can’t read it…

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Can you just copy and paste the article here? I can’t read it…
    This is likely a one time use link, but we'll see: https://wapo.st/39CfsfW

I've been saying the "progressives" are hostile to democrats. Here is the proof, from their own mouths.

https://twitter.com/JusticeDemWatch/...240127491?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This is likely a one time use link, but we'll see: https://wapo.st/39CfsfW
    IMHO, author is way too worried about how to prevent trump and GQP than be concerned with how to properly lead this country.

We can’t be so focused on defeating trump and the opposition party and then expect them to cooperate with us to pass bills and nominate judges when we are in charge.

Just lead the nation to a better place, then the votes will come.

In a way Trump is giving the impression of doing that… MAGA without actually MAGA… they all just imagining it happening in their alternate reality…

There’s no denying trumps appeal to his base, but I really believe his base is shrinking because thanks to Covid, his incompetence is showing. Yes, there are Covid deniers denying Covid even on their death beds, but I really don’t believe majority of Americans are like that.

Just do a good job and surely you’ll be able to retain power and gain more seats and progressives won’t be able to threaten you either. However if you dont make the lives of average Americans better while in power, then don’t cry when republicans and progressives eat you for lunch.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 24th, 2021 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I've been saying the "progressives" are hostile to democrats. Here is the proof, from their own mouths.

https://twitter.com/JusticeDemWatch/...240127491?s=19
    Dems are hostile to progressives too.

What’s the big deal?