Page 332 of 433 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    And finally everybody will be infected, vaccinated or not, only symptons differ.
    I think this will be the case also....consider if fully vaccinated people can get it and spread it, but if they show no symptoms they won't get tested

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    This site gives a view of how wonderfully NSW is going with the current outbreak of COVID, which started with one case.

https://infogram.com/1p0lp9vmnqd3n9t...tnx57evn5?live

The spike on the blue line is Victoria last year, with a quick lockdown and normal old regular COVID. It peaked at 687 on one day before very quickly falling back to low levels. The first cases of the spike were detected in June and the state was locked down for four months from June to October.

The black line is NSW, with a slow lockdown and fancy new Delta. Yesterday it peaked at 684, and it is still climbing. The first case was detected on June 18 with lockdown for the state announced on August 14, two months later. About 50% of the population over 16 has had at least one dose of vaccine.

Over 820 yesterday. That’s a national record.

Also the NSW state premier is putting out some worrying language about Delta being out in the community forever, as if they've thrown their hands up in defeat, and projected that in national terms.

Ummmm, no. All that will happen is that NSW will become isolated from the rest of the country.

We were SO CLOSE to suppressing it in Australia, but mistakes from both federal and state governments in NSW (both right wing, I might add) have exposed us to some real nasty possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I think this will be the case also....consider if fully vaccinated people can get it and spread it, but if they show no symptoms they won't get tested
    Next level has no tests.
    Germany is already cutting free testings.
    (for vaccination boosting purposes)

Sick people have been secondary all the time.
    It can't be anything else, nursing homes are the proof.

We are seeing that next level coming right now.
    After Euro2020 matches in Russia we got an infection boost.
    But situation is still lagging occupied hospital beds vice.
    Restrictions are also correlating hospital beds, not infection counts.

Nasty "side"effect will also happen if population genetics is in wrong end.
    That can be wondered by comparing situations like UK and Israel.
    Though news organisation can have more "aggressive" touch somewhere than elsewhere.

A friend did a curve comparing infections and the Sun.
    It showed that sunlight might have something to do with it, actually the correlation was pretty huge.
    One possibility is that pale skin northerners have an advantage, if they take it.
    There's also a new cancer drug, it seems to be good against melanoma.

Ok first off let me say that the vaccine situation is not equitable and unethical. But second, you best believe I am going to take every drop of vaccine I'm offered.

I think there is a little bit of a hidden tactic that the US is playing with booster doses that they aren't outwardly saying. People are outraged because the vaccines still seem to protect against severe disease with two shots. But I think the US authorities have realized that there is a big chunk of the population that is just simply not going to get vaccinated no matter what. And if it is now becoming apparent that even people vaccinated with two shots can spread the virus if they do become infected, we are pretty much destined for a lot of spread in this country and a lot of hospitalizations because of so many unvaccinated people.

So I think the strategy the US is now taking is to get the people who are vaccinated hopefully protected enough that they will not cause so much spread, because they recognize we will always have a big swath of the country unvaccinated and therefore vulnerable to be hospitalized unless we get the spread under control.
    Last edited by Sad, little man; August 21st, 2021 at 07:12 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    PREACH!

via twitter:

Rep. Steven Woodrow

Let me get this straight: People who’ve been OK forcing our kids to do active shooter drills are suddenly concerned with trauma caused by…masks?

Administrator
    Well, not sure what weird reporting anomaly that was yesterday (our local health department reported about 3,300 cases, but somehow all the other places got a report of 13,000+ cases, which would put us near the winter peak), but the 7 day average has started dropping here.

In the meantime, Phil Valentine has died of Covid after questioning the vaccine and and still having "Plandemic" be on his homepage.

Had my second AZ vaccine shot on Friday and haven’t even given it a second thought over the weekend, absolutely feeling fine.

Administrator
    That's awesome. I feel like I hear about the worst side effects coming from the Moderna one, but I have no idea if that's actually true.

They still haven't said anything about boosters for people who got the J&J shot. I figure it'll come eventually, but for now we've been conspicuously left out of all these conversations.

Junior Potato
    I got my email from the gummint today saying that I’ve been invited to book an appointment.

Job done so I’m due to go in on Saturday morning.

Pfizer has been FDA Approved.

Now lets see the goal posts move.