Page 33 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Yeah, that’s probably why they raised it? Easier to slip out on the side?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I have just one question. How hard is it to get into the cockpit?

With the halo raising the height and all the bits around the splitter area... how do you do it?
    You don't have to be an athlete but it certainly helps. As you know, the headrest can be removed making the entry much wider, which allows the hips and shoulders to get into the cockpit without any hassle assuming you aren't a fat bastard. And I'd argue that the halo makes it easier to lower and raise your body because there's a nice place to grab onto.

It's all in the upper body. Stand on the seat, hands on halo, pull your legs up and poke them into the footwell, lower yourself down. Probably no harder than doing a triceps dip.

The reverse: more upper body, but a bit harder. Pull up until you can support your weight on your arms and your legs can retract and stand on seat, then step out.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    McLaren is looking hooked in FP1!
    acket.

Order for Bahrain GP looks to be:

Red Bull
    Mercedes
    McLaren
    Ferrari
    Alpha Tauri
    Alfa Romeo
    Aston Martin
    Alpine
    Williams
    Haas
    acket.

Gasly has probably burned his bridge back to RB, but seems to be doing extremely well at AT! Christian Horner ought to reconsider why he has 'killed' so many RB young drivers over the years... Besides Gasly, current drivers such as Sainz, Ricciardo probably won't ever return to RB too.

Hope Perez does well and won't end up looking like Gasly and Albon throughout the season against Max. If that happens, and if Honda PU were really that awesome, it just might be possible for AT to overtake RB with overall team points? That'd be really funny.

If Yuki does well and is smart, when he gets to promotion to RB, hope he'll turn it down.

Watched FP1/2 today. I like the new lineups and everyone looks to have forward progress except: Alpine, Alfa and Haas.

My projected constructors order for the season:

Mercedes
    RBR
    McLaren
    Ferrari
    Alpha Tauri
    Aston
    Williams
    Alpine
    Alfa
    Haas

I know some surprises but this year might be pretty fun to watch.

Looks like the Mercedes can be at the top in qualifying, bar a superb lap from Verstappen.
    The race looks to be different, if it's run on medium, as it should be, then drivers who can not-abuse their tires should have a good Sunday drive.
    acket.

@JoeW

I don't think it's going to say static for the whole season. Around the summer break we should see movement from 3rd to 8th.

Also, I think Red Bull have the advantage on race pace at this stage, the Mercedes looks outright fastest but difficult to sustain its speed. In that regards, the McLaren might not be the fastest, but it looks like it gives its drivers lots of options.
    acket.

Yeah I hope it mixes even more but that’s just a prediction for the final order at the end of the season.

Aah, that makes sense.
    acket.