Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No GTXFF1 2018 thread?

No GTXFF1 2018 thread?

I want in early this year!

I'm working on a much simpler version of the points sheet that Balki had been using. I just need to figure out how to deal with the mid-season driver changes.

Edit: Fuck it, I'll do it manually as they come up. Someone get some values for the drivers that you trust, I don't know enough to be able to say whether they're good or not.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; March 10th, 2018 at 07:24 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

By the way, for driver lineup clashes, I suggest auctioning. If more than one person wants to use a certain combo of above-the-line drivers (worth more than $10m, for example), they can bid how much they're willing to overpay. Spend more on the higher tier and mid tier, lose out on the lower tier opportunities. That way it's not just who posts first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    By the way, for driver lineup clashes, I suggest auctioning. If more than one person wants to use a certain combo of above-the-line drivers (worth more than $10m, for example), they can bid how much they're willing to overpay. Spend more on the higher tier and mid tier, lose out on the lower tier opportunities. That way it's not just who posts first.
    Great idea!

Who shall I curse this year? :evil laugh:

The league I ran last year did two bonus rounds with 1.5x modifiers that allowed for duplicate teams, so long as each player picked unique bonus rounds.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I'm working on a much simpler version of the points sheet that Balki had been using. I just need to figure out how to deal with the mid-season driver changes.

Edit: Fuck it, I'll do it manually as they come up. Someone get some values for the drivers that you trust, I don't know enough to be able to say whether they're good or not.
    What's the value range? In case it needs to be adjusted.
    acket.

Right then... I'll bid 100m for just Hammy & Bottas!

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    What's the value range? In case it needs to be adjusted.
    I don't know. I don't even remember what spending limit we usually use.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    I want in early this year!
    We've always set it up between the last test and the first GP practice, so the window just opened up.

I was going to do it and put some back-of-the-envelope numbers together the the back of, well, a junk mail envelope.
    We've thrown around ideas, but Dave and I have found the simple format we've been using works best (even that requires a bit of work to setup)

Here are the numbers I through together (preliminary stuff, not official)
    Ham/Bot 25/21
    Ric/Ver 18/18
    Vet/Rai 21/14
    Hulk/Sai 7/7
    Per/Ocon 6/5
    Alo/Van 4/3
    STRs 3 each
    Str/Sir 3/2
    Haas 2 each
    Sauber 1 each

Aside from wanting to put them in a spreadsheet and comparing them to last year's results I'd like to wait for a testing summary article.
    A big help would be odds listings from gambling websites, but I wasn't able to find any last year.

Keith, you're welcomed to use numbers above. If I run it again it'll be the same rules except we pick drivers rather than seats (Sainz and Kyvat bouncing around were a mess)

If the prices are balanced then the whole 'who posts first' argument is moot. Last year P1 (Bottas+Vettel) and P2 (Hamilton+Räikkönen) were tied after 19 rounds and Mag was the only shared driver (less than 3% of points total). We can do a loose draft selection: top 5 finishers from last year don't get to submit picks for the first 5 days the new thread is up and running.