Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Apex Legends

So I finally got round to giving this a better run than the single round I played last week after teaming up with some folks I know from another online forum (I know, I'm sorry) and we had some good rounds, quite a bit of downtime searching for weapons then some manic moments of high intensity. We even managed a win! It's enjoyable but being that Anthem is launching tomorrow for Origin Access Premier I can't see me playing it a lot. Which is also fine because as a free game I'm not 'wasting' my money!

Novi, Krunch and myself played for a bit yesterday and we even won a match.

I'm liking the game more and more as I get acquainted with the controls and the character abilities. It's fun, and for free you can't beat it. Of course with friends it is even better.

It's basically just us shooting the shit while pinging shiny things for each other for 10 minutes, then one to two firefights.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    So I finally got round to giving this a better run than the single round I played last week after teaming up with some folks I know from another online forum (I know, I'm sorry) and we had some good rounds, quite a bit of downtime searching for weapons then some manic moments of high intensity. We even managed a win! It's enjoyable but being that Anthem is launching tomorrow for Origin Access Premier I can't see me playing it a lot. Which is also fine because as a free game I'm not 'wasting' my money!
    Well as it happens I'm playing this way, way more than Anthem. Have had a few wins, lots of second or third places and lots of 'OMG I have no weapon!! ARRRGHGHHH!!!! RUN!!!!!'

For a free game it's really, really good. I haven't spent any money on it yet but I likely will pick up the battlepass, even if only to make myself feel better for such a quality game. 51 hours played!

This is me! https://apex.tracker.gg/profile/pc/Tesslacoil

I've been playing more than I thought I would... really anxious to see what their battle pass will look like.

Video clips from one of the best games I've had:

So the Battle Pass has been out as of last Monday. It goes on for 90 days. You can make progress on it now and buy the levels later if you like where you got to. You just won't get the slight XP percentage boosts along the way.
    The rewards aren't all that great, except for the last few, which I'm almost certain I won't get, but I'm happy to see some new content and patch updates coming in.

A new character was also released: Octane
    Haven't unlocked him yet, but he seems like a lot of fun from what I've seen. He's ultra-focused on mobility. He has a speed stim that boosts his run speed at a health cost, and his ultimate is a short-cooldown jump pad.

Last week the impossible happened: ended Thursday with a win. Played one game Saturday and won as the champion. Played one game Sunday and won. Three game win streak! Never to happen again
    Granted, when you have 20 teams it's a little easier to place higher than other BRs, but still pretty stoked about that nonetheless.

Preferred guns so far: Wingman, R-301, Havoc+Turbo (think I might like it better than the Devotion+turbo), Mastiff

just wanted to say I am having fun as well. It is a fun game to just jump into and play a few games.

It's great because there are so many players when you die you can be back and dropping within a minute or so as games launch quickly. I impress on anyone I'm playing with, I don't sit at my desk to look at screens, ready up as soon as the squad is wiped.

Oh I bought the basic Battlepass too and hit level 100 as well. Currently sitting at 152 Hours. Compare that to 4 hours of Anthem and 93 hours of BF:V it shows what a great game it is.
    Last edited by Alan P; March 30th, 2019 at 05:28 PM.

Sort of related, but I finally started playing Titanfall 2, and it's really great. So far it seems better, as one would hope, than Titanfall!

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Sort of related, but I finally started playing Titanfall 2, and it's really great. So far it seems better, as one would hope, than Titanfall!
    The single player campaign is one of the finest gaming experiences a person can get. It's truly brilliant and so well done!