Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, Prayers and good wishes are needed please.

In other news, I've been having hip pain again. Pretty lateral (outside edge of my body) and feels mostly like soft tissue pain.

Monday was fucking brutal, and I was damned near in tears by the end of the day, and I was on call so I couldn't even take any real meds.

I had already scheduled an appointment with my doctor for next Thursday to do an eval of if there is something wrong or if I'm just being a bitch.

I'd prefer to not have a total done this early in my life due to needing another before I'm even at retirement age and then again around 70.

I contacted a place about dry needling, just think of it like accupuncture but deeper. Problem is, they one I had a line on doesn't accept my insurance. I'll need to hunt around now.

I'm hoping I can get an x-ray and eval on the 31st and use that info to guide me towards the next steps. I'm also kicking around the idea of leaving the Operating Room to find less of a physical demanding job that may pay better as a backup plan. I'd prefer to stay as long as I can, because I love my job but I can't sell my future well being on what I want.

I also need to remind myself that the bounce back was the easy part, and now comes to the grind of living with my injuries and living my life to the fullest.

Dry needling is great for certain ailments, if you're having pain because a nerve is being pinched or something I imagine it won't be effective. If it's muscular in nature you'll have a good shot. I'm not the expert on it, though.

Met with my doc today.

We have confirmed I'm at advanced stages of arthritis in my hip, we can try to prolong the surgery of replacement, but I'll only get worse from here. If get the total hip replacement, I'll not be able to drive the Corvette for at least 6 months, possibly ever. Even worse, is I'll need revisions in future. And those never go well.

My ankle, which had been giving me troubles in the morning, has been confirmed everything looks great from a bone perspective. I have a follow-up with the wrist and ankle guy at the beggining of July. We will get a CT, and see if the impingment is from scar tissue or something else. I'm not totally bothered by this one at all. Actually kinda looking forward to answers and progression.

The surprise one is my arm. It has been clicking and such for a little while now. I hadn't thought much of it, but talked to doc and we did an x-ray. The bone hasn't healed correctly, screws are backing out, and all around it looks like shit. We don't know what the cause is, could be infection or who the fuck knows. We drew labs to see what is going on and will follow up at the end of June.

That's about all I know. I should probably start looking for a girlfriend/wife to help with all this shit that's about to go down.

What a grind, man. You will get there though. We'll chat a bit in a few weeks.

Try gluten free diet for a while before surgery. it might help relieve joint pain.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/rheum...-and-ra-diets/

Junior Potato

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Is that his dick?
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Is that his dick?
    he reads that....

3 minutes later

YES

Oof, that's some shit luck Tyler... if anyone can kick ass through it, though, it's you

I have surgery for my arm in 7 hours.

It's weird. I'm nervous, but not about the usual things.

They are going to be taking bone graft (bone marrow to be precise) from my good side and place in where the bone didn't heal on my right arm. Kinda frustrating, but whatever. I want my arm fixed and I'm sitting here thinking about stupid shit like if the anesthesia resident tomorrow is going to do something stupid and injure me, or other things.

:/

Oh well. In 12 hours I'll be back on the mend again. Most likely in a bit of pain from the bone graft site. I'll be in the hospital for a day or two. Here is to hoping I don't have a roommate once I have a room.