Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows tablet computing omnibus thread (Surface, Venue, etc)

I see what you're saying. A lot of this stuff actually existed in 8, and might exist in tablet mode on 10, but is removed from the desktop environment because, well, I guess it was assumed you'd use it as a desktop. Swiping forwards/Backwards in IE is one of those things I really liked in 8, but is gone in 10 unless you're in tablet mode. I definitely agree MS needs to put some work into making the desktop UI more touch friendly. A control panel applet that enabled or disabled gestures in the desktop would be a major plus.

I use Tablet Mode when using it as a tablet. I appreciate the changes that do take place when switching it on, I just feel they could improve on it. But I understand its easier said than done since its also a desktop OS.

Either way, I definitely agree. I suppose it's one of those unexpected challenges when trying to make The One OS. TBH, I didn't expect touch screens and hybrid tablets to take off quite as well as they have. I thought it would be a much slower transition, especially with all the inertia behind the ipad. But it does seem like Windows 10 on touchscreen devices has gotten a fair amount of traction. They better get their ass in gear!

For those of you that wish to read Comixology comics on your Surface/Win10 Tablets but don't want to use the shitty web interface... you can 'backup' your purchased comics to use in another app (I use Cover, fantastic imo) via a Chrome extension:

https://github.com/Cortys/comixology-backup

Edit: Should add, this is probably legal in the strictest sense. But hey, if they aren't going to allow me to read the things I purchase in a reasonable manner, then fuck it.
    Last edited by Jason; May 31st, 2016 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Swiping forwards/Backwards in IE is one of those things I really liked in 8, but is gone in 10 unless you're in tablet mode. .
    I still, after many months with a new tablet, try to do that in Chrome (edit: on my Nexus9) occasionally.
    Whoomah!

It works in Chrome on my SB

Yeah, it's a Win8/10 thing. Edited my post for clarity.
    Whoomah!

Ooooh

Weird that its not in Android... its a thing on iPads too. O.o

Posting the Lenovo Yoga Book here as well, because it will be available with Windows 10.

The Lenovo Yoga Book is...well, it's a 10" hybrid tablet, except instead of flipping out a keyboard, you flip out a Wacom-style drawing tablet...with an illuminated keyboard under the surface.

http://bgr.com/2016/08/31/lenovo-yog...-specs-photos/

Last edited by Kchrpm; August 31st, 2016 at 10:50 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

That makes me

I thought one of the selling points of the Surfaces, etc, was that you could do artwork on it without the extra input device.

edit: I guess the transcribing pen is pretty cool.
    Whoomah!