"Uncle, sit down" was the best line and the highlight of this turd of an episode. Which was not a highlight in this toilet bowl of a season.

Arya went through all that shit to become an accomplished fighter and deadly assassin and use it exactly <checks notes> once? She left Winterfell to go kill Cersei then turned back when the hound told her to go back? Assassin that she is? That whole story line led to her sailing west? Weak.

Gendry went from being a nobody, to an almost Nights Watch, to prisoner/ an object of a high priestess, worlds rowing champion, master weapons maker and accomplished fighter, to finally sit at the council of the Lords and not say anything? Did he say anything in that entire episode?

Who was Varys writing to?

Bran did nothing and was elected King? "He didn't do nothing, he can warg, he can control animals,he can see the past, he can see the future" and he sat there in his chair and didn't do anything at the battle of Winterfell. Why didn't he warg into the dead dragon and kill the night king and save us an entirely poorly lit episode. Why didn't he warn Daenerys that Melisande would be captured? Why didn't he warg into Drogon in the last battle, right after the bells were rung, and fly Drogon up to the castle to kill Cersei? What did he use his powers for? A big fat nothing.

Notable that they all laughed at the thought of democracy. Good effort Sam.

Bronn, if I could recall, can barely count: he can fuck, fight and drink. Master of Coin? His character development, I thought, was actually quite good. You see him as nothing but a sellsword, then a companion of Tyrions in the castle, his world view being broadened, yet his old sellsword self always lurking in the background.

A knife through the brain couldn't kill the Mountain? The fucking brain! But a fall into a fire did?

That speech of Danys, from the top of the steps, was the speech of a tyrant. She was ready to go on marching and killing and liberating. Almost as though she didn't want to govern.

I could go on and on about characters, plot lines enmeshed in character development that lead to nowhere.

The producers did the fans dirty with this whole season.