Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My 240sx

Junior Potato
    #blacklinesmatter

This is exactly how it sounded when I bought it

Well, it does have a truck engine.

So far put 5miles on it. Most of the stuff I need to do is really more QoL stuff than mechanical really.

Automatic shoulder belt is dead, potentially a warranty fix (yes it is still under warranty)

More I think about it, the more I think I should replace at least the carpet. I have some plans for the area where the rear seats were just different kind of work.

Brakes still need to be burned in but I also have to get better at driving a manual.

Replaced the old oe fog lights with led lights from Amazon.

20200826_165510.jpg

Headlights don't go up or down, need to order a new fuse for them and check the motor grounds and the motors. But in the mean time working sleepy eyes.

Replaced two sockets in the driver side taillight and probably did the worse soldering job ever.

Have a valve cover gasket coming, going to try and do something about the timing chain rattle, supposedly the tensioner just needs to be moved to work out the old oil. Going to paint the valve cover while it's off.

Passenger window doesn't work, don't have a passenger seat so not a priority.

Turn on the climate controls and its an interesting noise sounds like it is full of leaves (at best) so have to find out how to get all of it out and cleaned)

Scheduled to have the windscreen and rear window fixed. So far the most expensive part. Hopefully they get the parts in
    Last edited by Rikadyn; August 27th, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

I was going to say, wasn't timing chain noise a common KA issue?

When you get new carpets you'll need to get some Japanese-style checkered mats to keep it nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I was going to say, wasn't timing chain noise a common KA issue?

When you get new carpets you'll need to get some Japanese-style checkered mats to keep it nice!
    It is, it's also fairly harmless so not a necessity but it's also a easy job to attempt.

Well it's seems this whole fucking thing has been a waste of my fucking time. I can't find anyone who can replace the windshield and rear window. So I am fucked and going to lose the damn car because of it

What? How? Not Safelite or anything near you?

If no glass is available, what about junkyards or part-out cars? Surely someone nearby is turning one into a drift car and replacing everything with lexan...

SafeLite had Delorean glass. Would be shocked if they didn't have 240SX glass.