Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attention my photographer friends, help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Yes, Nikon E-series 50mm 1.8.
    i think it was the kit lens with the FG. I have one, also have the equivalent AF lens.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    I went into my intro class with an Nikon F4
    Sweet. What did the instructor say about it?

When I took photo classes, we had one kid show up with a Leica M4 that his dad had but didn't use anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    Sweet. What did the instructor say about it?

When I took photo classes, we had one kid show up with a Leica M4 that his dad had but didn't use anymore.
    Not much, I also showed up with my Kiev IIa and asked a question about push processing... Personally I loathed the F4, I did one project with it before ditching it and going out and buy an F100. That being said I did impress the Professor enough I went from Intro to Independant study the next semester

i think it was the kit lens with the FG. I have one, also have the equivalent AF lens.
    Yeah. That was the cheapest lens ever made by Nikon. Oddly, it was actually a pretty good lens in terms of image quality; at least until it fell apart. While the optical quality was good, the build quality was not quite up to their normal standards. The E series lenses were cheaper and used more plastic and glue than metal and screws like their better lenses.

Not much, I also showed up with my Kiev IIa and asked a question about push processing... Personally I loathed the F4, I did one project with it before ditching it and going out and buy an F100. That being said I did impress the Professor enough I went from Intro to Independant study the next semester
    I liked the F4. A friend had one. It was kind of big and heavy. Was that it?

I liked the F4. A friend had one. It was kind of big and heavy. Was that it?
    Big, Heavy, the Autofocus was atrocious. My F4 was free, as my dad had picked up 3 of them, and I decided I'd rather spend money than use it anymore

They were still kind of figuring out AF in the F4 days. It wasn't up to today's standards by any means and was even a bit behind Canon at the time.

Still, you had 5.7 frames/second which was fast back then. It also had mirror lockup which was good for macro stuff and you could use any lens ever made by Nikon at the time. It had the fastest shutter at the time with the highest speed flash sync (though the FM2n had the same shutter speed and flash sync).

The F100 was much later and more advanced as a result. It was also smaller and lighter.

They were still kind of figuring out AF in the F4 days. It wasn't up to today's standards by any means and was even a bit behind Canon at the time.

Still, you had 5.7 frames/second which was fast back then. It also had mirror lockup which was good for macro stuff and you could use any lens ever made by Nikon at the time. It had the fastest shutter at the time with the highest speed flash sync (though the FM2n had the same shutter speed and flash sync).

The F100 was much later and more advanced as a result. It was also smaller and lighter.
    I know it was a good camera for it's time, but comparatively it's not very useful for the current day.

Man this thread is way more comprehensive...

I just told the guy to get any old manual camera

Like a Leica M3 Singlestroke?