Page 1649 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 6491149154915991639164716481649165016511659169917492149 ... LastLast
Results 16,481 to 16,490 of 24778

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    That's the kind of shit my grandma used to say right around the time she started watching "A Current Affair" because it was the "news they don't want you to know about" and started blaming Mexicans every time she lost something.

She also got really into the Phoenix Suns and Charles Barkley around that time too...
    Last edited by Tom Servo; June 9th, 2020 at 06:55 AM.

I always knew Keith was a birther

Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Ok, boomer.
    That's what my kids say to me.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Should be a proud papa, those are cool kids!
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Trump can't help himself, he's just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself. Really will be interesting to see what the GOP does at this point.

I can't imagine what the GOP convention will look like

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Trump can't help himself, he's just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself.
    What's the context? The tweet about how that old dude was surely trying to reach for the cop's baton? That's a message for his base, not for the general public, he's giving them an angle to rationalize the crazy. As I've said to others before, there's no point demonizing Trump voters in general1, some are just as tired of the neoliberal State as those who wanted a Warren or a Marianne Williamson, but Trump just resonated with them. So I think that instead of calling attention to the depth of the whole it'd be more constructive to understand why some people don't see it as hole. At all.

_______
    1 Nazi punks fuck off. Fuck off.
    acket.

Administrator
    It's likely about the tweet, but there are a few things at play.

• Notably, he wasn't saying he was reaching for his baton, he was saying some bizarre thing about him supposedly trying to scan their radios with his phone in order to block their communications. Like, even if you're pro-police and anti-demonstrator, what kind of fucking nonsense science is that? It's a phone, not a tricorder.
    • This is all while rumor has it he's planning on a speech meant to unite everyone and lessening the divisive "Law & Order" tone that he's been having which has caused his approval ratings to crater about as much as they can given that most of the country has always disapproved and his base isn't budging. That said, I hear the speech is being written by Stephen Miller. "Can't we all just get along, as long as we're all white?"
    • This was was kooky enough that Republican congresscritters are legit saying they haven't read it and refusing to read it when handed printouts by reporters. They're not even trying to defend it, just trying to pretend it didn't happen. This is all while some Republican senators have been working on their own police reform bill reportedly without involving Trump at all.