Page 112 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2246

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Let me tell you, it was very satisfying.

Next time I’ll make sure to keep it pointing straight on cold tyres. I could’ve gotten 3rd as I was 11 seconds adrift, which is about the same amount of time lost after the spin. The two guys in the lead were lapping faster than me, so would’ve beaten me.

Junior Potato
    That Porsche is such a challenge to drive at Road Atlanta. The abundance of tricky corners coupled with that rear engine makes it hard to manage. It’s not easy to drive like the other GT3s I’ve tried! More like a PCup with extra grip.

After a couple of tough races I’ve decided to retire the car for this week, and if I venture into GT3s again it’ll be with the Mercedes. But I will take it to IMSA as it has been added to that car roster.

Six hours of Watkins Glen coming up this morning.
    https://youtu.be/3_7evv_pmpI

Rough luck today. Tim got caught up in three separate wrecks through no fault of his own. We pretty much finished where we gridded, 31st overall and 12th in class.

I did a 75 lap Indy Oval race tonight at Texas Motor Speedway. I was intentionally the slowest qualifier of 24 cars and qualified 16th. Yes, a full third of the grid did not set a qualifying time. I started from the pits, so I was dead last. I played it conservative at first and hoped for a timely caution around lap 20. I knew from a race earlier in the week how far I could go on a tank, which was about 3/4 of the race. There were a few cautions in the first 20 laps and I decided to pit during a caution on lap 18 or so, I think. I thought it would be cutting it close, but if there were more cautions, I could make it on the rest of my fuel. Because of that, I gradually made my way to the front without really passing anyone. I finished 2nd. I kind of wish I streamed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Rough luck today. Tim got caught up in three separate wrecks through no fault of his own. We pretty much finished where we gridded, 31st overall and 12th in class.
    Right when I turned it on the second time was when he rolled it in the esses.

I have had my B Dirt Road license for quite some time. There were never any B races though... until this season. There are now a B iRX and a B Pro Truck series. That said, I did two each today and got my A Dirt Road license.

The first truck race I did, I used the Pro 2 in the Pro 2 & 4 series. I was the only one in the server racing Pro 2, so I won my class. Did not get any iRating out of it, but I got some SR. The second race, I was in the Pro 4. I was out-qualified by a Pro 2 driver with 7K+ iR. The Pro 4 should be faster, but I am only using the default iRacing setup. Luckily, I got the hole-shot into T1 and pretty much dominated the race. I could see the 7K dude behind me, but I slowly pulled away. He advertised his site for setups at the end of the race.

The RX races I did were pretty fun. In iRX, I start at the back every time and just let everyone go. I can normally pick up several positions through attrition and maybe pass a few guys too.

Junior Potato
    I tried iRX in the VW during a solo test a few weeks ago. I cannot get my head around it. The car feels like it can corner faster than it actually does, and I just end up sliding not-so-gracefully into the barriers or into the grass. It definitely seems like a series where patience pays off. I saw a clip from Emree where she had it on its roof at Charlotte on lap 1 but still won because she didn't crash after that

Dirt road racing is a challenge, for sure. Many people over-drive the car. The fast guys seem to be able to throw the vehicle sideways entering corners to get around. The trick is to not spin the tires too much and brake early. Many noobs just treat the throttle like an on/off switch, which hurts their lap times. Don’t slide too much and manage wheel spin with the throttle. Try spectating a race and ride along with the quick drivers to see how they do it. Some guys use high gears in corners to manage wheel-spin. I use delicate throttle inputs.

The cars and the trucks are different beasts, but I think driving one has helped driving the other. I am still a couple of seconds a lap slower than the fast guys, which is way off the pace at ~40 seconds a lap. However, I am much faster than the noobs. My dirt road iRating is ~500 higher than my road iR at the moment. Last night, I legit beat a dude with ~4000 iR.

Oh, there is now a rookie Beetle Lite iRX Series. The car seems to have a bit more grip and has less power, so it is easier to manage. Give it a try!