Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to reinstate Jeremy Clarkson to Top Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    He's a dickbag, and has a strong prejudice against anyone who isn't him.

Get rid of him.
    Sounds like a lot of people here...

Yeah, but this place would be nothing without the dickbags that inhabit it.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Everyone takes everything (almost) too seriously these days. I'm mainly referring to the little comments that only a few notice, but then they go ape about it and let the world know.

Clarkson probably does walk the line a bit, but i find him funny the rest of the time.

P.S. I'm very anti-racist/sexist/carist/ageist and all the other 'ists' too, and i know a joke when i see one. People just seem to overlook the jokes about normal people.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; March 11th, 2015 at 06:58 PM.

Nah, he's just a cunt. He clearly believes in several of the "jokes", and/or a lot of MittelEnglanders and closed-minded assholes think he's being serious.

Junior Potato
    He's popular because he rattles cages on one side, and says things that the other side just love to hear. He's like the alpha troll.

But do you know where he gets his power from?

Threads like this, petitions, and endless Facebook discussions where he is the centre of attention.

He gets his power from us and others like us. If you take that away he has nothing, but unfortunately that will never happen. He's like Britain's own Kanye West; forever famous despite himself.

As for Top Gear, I'm surprised there wasn't an episode years ago where they were instructed to build a car that could drive on water and jump over sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Everyone takes everything (almost) too seriously these days. I'm mainly referring to the little comments that only a few notice, but then they go ape about it and let the world know.

Clarkson probably does walk the line a bit, but i find him funny the rest of the time.

P.S. I'm very anti-racist/sexist/carist/ageist and all the other 'ists' too, and i know a joke when i see one. People just seem to overlook the jokes about normal people.
    Yes but

this wasn't his first offense. And while the BBC will surely do an investigation, it appears it's not just another "joke," but PUNCHING A CO-WORKER.

It's easy for me to wince away some bad references or jokes from time to time since I'm also a white dude of Anglo descent, but it's undeniable he has gotten himself into trouble in the past and that this very well may be the final straw - that he isn't the target of a withchhunt, or of people being "too PC," but of being an idiot in too many ways. He made his situation, now he has to roll around and lie in it.

I'm betting it wasn't what you and I would call a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    He's popular because he rattles cages on one side, and says things that the other side just love to hear. He's like the alpha troll.

But do you know where he gets his power from?

Threads like this, petitions, and endless Facebook discussions where he is the centre of attention.

He gets his power from us and others like us. If you take that away he has nothing, but unfortunately that will never happen. He's like Britain's own Kanye West; forever famous despite himself.

As for Top Gear, I'm surprised there wasn't an episode years ago where they were instructed to build a car that could drive on water and jump over sharks.
    Exactly. Hence I'm unsurprised that Z07 wants him back. Fuck Top Years. Fifth Gear was better.

Autoblog reporting that the rest of the season has been cancelled.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/12/b...usauto00000016
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by LHutton View Post
    I'm betting it wasn't what you and I would call a punch.
    It does not matter how light, hard, or anything it is. Contact with another person when it is not welcomed is assault and battery in the states. You can be fined and even imprisoned for stuff like this. Stop trying to dissect a situation you know nothing about, regarding people you don't know.