Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

I was digging a little deep in the dev forums and they still have some broken parameters with the wheel. Hoping an update will come that will help a little bit with this.

I was explaining to Keith that iRacing does very well at adding tension/weight to the wheel when you have downforce on the car. Forza doesn't seem to do that at all. Would be nice if they did.

Administrator
    Ahh, somehow I hadn't learned until just now that the F7 Demo apparently is the exact same one they showed at E3, which means that at best it's months out of date. I hope that means I'll be pleasantly surprised when the full version comes out.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    If true, then thats a little promising that they've fixed the handling by now.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I was explaining to Keith that iRacing does very well at adding tension/weight to the wheel when you have downforce on the car. Forza doesn't seem to do that at all. Would be nice if they did.
    Dude, I still remember the first time I experienced this, and it was in Gran Turismo 4! I was driving the BMW V12 LMR through the Porsche Curves at Le Mans. It took a bit of convincing that you could go that fast, but once you got past the mechanical grip and into downforce territory, it was a lovely and reassuring feeling knowing that the car was being sucked flat onto the road. GT4 might not have had the best force feedback or physics engine, but it was pretty cool for 2004, and the DFPro was the best wheel on the market.

It was around that era that I also had the FFB wheel for the Xbox 360, and Forza 2 never gave off the same impression of grip while driving an LMP through fast corners. You could still do those corners very quickly, but the feeling in the hands was quite empty.

Tried the demo tonight. Looks great. If I hammer the thottle in a corner driving a GT3, the back end should step out. The truck is fun, but the default view blocks the track. The AI is complete shit, even worse than previous versions. You would think by the 7th iteration that they would improve it. A 17GB demo (bigger than most full games) and a ~100GB game?! I think digital downloads have made developers apathetic about making an efficiently packaged game, as they no longer have to fit them on a disc. I most likely not buy it, as I get my racing fix elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Tried the demo tonight. Looks great. If I hammer the thottle in a corner driving a GT3, the back end should step out.
    Wait-wait -- are you talking about Forza or Gran Turismo??

()

I still don't understand how GT:S can get the sound so wrong, it's tinny. It's been like 25 years.

Turn all music options to "off." Hear music in post race screen.

Preordered.

Never thought I would spend $107 for a game, but here we are.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Just thought of something that would be fkn awesome to have as a feature.

Having the ability to select a few (say, 20 or so, or however much the game can handle) of your favourite cars, place them up in either pre-arranged parking areas or in whatever position you want (if the game can handle it, again), then open doors/bonnets etc on some of them if you want, then start taking photos of your cars. Imagine it would turn out like the pic below;

Now if that IS in fact a feature of the game, i'll be seriously happy. I got a little addicted to taking photos of some of my car collection all together in GTA V. Bringing it to a driving/car collecting game like Forza and Gran Turismo would be bloody epic. Just like how you could use two cars in photo mode in GT6, was really happy with that feature.