Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

If I drove nothing but the Bolt I could about break even on insurance (10k/yr, $0.08kwh, Bolt=~4m/kw, 20mpg average, $3/g), but I still have an $8k nut on the car... and it's not like the Bolt would replace anything, nor is there any scenario where the Bolt eats that entire 10k/yr. I wouldn't/couldn't stop driving other stuff.

For the girl, the electric car made *huge* sense for the opposite of these reasons: She drives more and only drives one car except in rare circumstances.

If this were 2-3 months in the future I'd probably do it - I'd have the Jag gone, would sell the Viggen, would keep the Aero, and she'd get the Bolt. It just doesn't make financial sense to rush the Jag and Viggen out and take a loss so I can spend an extra $8k.

This deal could hang around... I understand GM is way oversupplied on the Bolt right now and it probably won't get better over the holidays. People have been anticipating some sort of get 'em gone move for several months... this could be it.

Sucks for my parents who "won" a sweetheart $300/mo deal a few months ago. Whoops! I told 'em to wait, but my dad sucks.

It just occurred to me there is a Bolt thread here somewhere. I forgot about that and thought this here had become an EV catchall. My bad.

Note that you mention it I too remember that there's a Bolt thread.
    May as well check your garage thread, I'm remembering different Saabs and a Cadillac ... not a viggen and jag

Back to Tesla/Chris's post; one of the lower. Model S's (75, i think, maybe the 90) has batteries that weigh 1200lbs, so the 100 could be at 1600lbs??
    Last edited by balki; October 24th, 2017 at 05:40 PM.

Needless to say the batteries are heavy... not to mention Tesla made an 'armor' casing around the batteries...

However, surprisingly S-class has similar curb weight as the Model S... wonder why the S-class is so freaking heavy....

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    However, surprisingly S-class has similar curb weight as the Model S... wonder why the S-class is so freaking heavy....
    Because of all the useless rubbish they put in it e.g. massaging seats. I mean, look at this crap:

Energizing Comfort Control is one of the most opulent, inventive, and, quite frankly, silly features we’ve ever seen in a production car. The system exists to improve passenger wellness above all else, and it does this by networking the vehicle’s climate controls, music, seat heating, massage programs, ambient lighting, and air fragrances together. There are six programs in total — Freshness, Warmth, Vitality, Joy, Comfort, and Training — each with its own soundtrack, scent, and end goal. Vitality, for instance, cues up a fast song and activates your muscles with an energizing massage, while the computer selects one of the 64 ambient light choices best suited for your mood. It’s all very avant-garde, and a fitting addition to the most respected luxury car in the world.
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/m...-technologies/

Think the S-class uses a lot more metal and sound deadening on top of the smell-o-vision
    Last edited by balki; October 25th, 2017 at 05:50 AM.

I'm kinda blown away except for the launch control... s class is still more than a second off pace regardless how it's controlled...

On the markets front, Tesla TSLA, +0.23% is among the big names due to post results after the close — and the target of our call of the day, which comes from hedge funder Harris Kupperman.

The hyped-but-unprofitable pioneer in electric cars has long been a popular short, but now the stock’s implosion is coming “very soon,” the Praetorian Capital president writes at his Adventures In Capitalism blog.

It finally will “implode” because folks are about to “realize that it’s a cash-incinerating vanity project for Elon Musk, at a time when new, better products are coming to the market,” Kupperman predicts.

“The Tesla Model 3 is a dud — competing products will begin showing up in 2018 and they look much better,” he declares.

While I agree to a certain extent ...
    " has long been a popular short" makes it clear that they're very biased (and that they've lost a lot of money on TSLA)