Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Junior Potato
    It’s taking you days to get some games running that will push this console to its limits. No out-of-the-box fun.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again* fuck the Xbox One for a joke.

*Ya all probably sick to death of hearing it from me by now…

Why not use the game transfer option?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Why not use the game transfer option?
    Well the games are installed, did that pretty quick from disc -- it's all the hi-res 4K updates that have to be downloaded.

Even my copy of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus which advertises it's "Xbox One X Enhanced!" needs to download the 4K shizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    It’s taking you days to get some games running that will push this console to its limits. No out-of-the-box fun.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again* fuck the Xbox One for a joke.
    Reading comprehension, Mick -- it's not the X1X's fault, it's my coffee-straw internet. I would have this same problem if I had a blazing fast PC & downloading 4K packs from Steam.

You probably have a massively thick pipe by comparison!
    Last edited by novicius; November 10th, 2017 at 07:08 AM.

It's not the size... It's how you use it.

Bigly pipes, the best.

Yep -- I just didn't want to pay for Charter Cable offering me the potential of a fat pipe that I'm gonna need once every few years. #shrug

Having enough data to stream HD movies from my various content providers + multiplayer gaming is all the throughput I need. Anything more than that is a waste of money.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Reading comprehension, Mick -- it's not the XBX's fault, it's my coffee-straw internet. I would have this same problem if I had a blazing fast PC & downloading 4K packs from Steam.

You probably have a massively thick pipe by comparison!
    I’m aware of your slower internet Carlo, but it’s the other details that strike me as being very anti-user. You had to take it offline just to get *something* installed and playable, but this meant having no 4K content. You didn’t want to “fight” it to get something up and running.

And you know your way around the One a lot better than I do. Every time I switch mine on I’m having some new battle. I’ve not yet come to accept the way the console basically locks you out of playing anything if an update needs to download. The one time I bought a game on disc for mine, I expected a period of installation from disc to HDD, but did not expect to have to download many GBs of day 1 update with no hope of just playing offline while the download happened in the background (unless there’s a setting for that which I haven’t found yet :/). I had to google the problem, which led to me pulling the disc out, cancelling the download, turning off the internet, deleting the update, deleting the install, reinserting the disc, then installing it again before I could play it. The update came down much later while the console was on standby.

And since I switch it on once every three months there’s a new UI, which is always a fun adventure

I’ve not yet come to accept the way the console basically locks you out of playing anything if an update needs to download.
    You can absolutely play something different on the XBONE if the game you originally want to play has to download an update to continue. It just may not download in the background if you're playing something else system-intensive.

I don't have Steam so I don't know how granular those controls are for comparison.

And since I switch it on once every three months there’s a new UI, which is always a fun adventure
    Yes well that's a cruel trick you're playing on your future self, innit? #hugs

Junior Potato
    You can absolutely play something different on the XBONE if the game you originally want to play has to download an update to continue. It just may not download in the background if you're playing something else system-intensive.
    But I want to play *that* game, not a different game! And if playing a different game prevents an update from downloading then I’m just delaying the time between now and when I can play the game I specifically turned on my Xbox to play.

PS4 lets you play the game you want to play, you just have to play it offline (i.e. no multiplayer) while it updates in the background. It (just) passes the kids at Christmas test. Switch by far nails the kids at Christmas test.