Page 449 of 675 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

I like my kid, but he sure consumes a lot of time!

We're basically the only couple we know, in our circle of friends AND both our immediate and extended families, who don't have kids and don't want them.

The questions and annoying jokes are starting to get really stale.

My Mom had 7 brothers and sisters; Catholic family. She had three kids. Of those three kids, one grandchild has been made. We're pretty sure that's going to be it, as I'm not having kids, my brother isn't, and my sister is one and done.

None of us are Catholic, either, including my Mom. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Moving on, a bill to change Florida to be like AZ, and skip out on DST has passed the legislature. I think it needs the okay from the governor, and then a federal congressional thing to happen. I would love it. Sunsets would never be before about 6:30 p.m. I would get out of work an hour earlier during the fall/winter, since our programming would still be based on EDT (though I would have to come in 'earlier', but that's okay, unless they decide to add an extra newscast at 11p.m. FST/12EDT, or whatever).

Part of the panhandle is in central, so I wonder if they would continue with DST, and just move in sync with the rest of the state half the year, or be effectively in MST?
    When Indiana didn't do DST part of the areas still did because of their locations and where most of their residents worked. Mostly near Chicago and a couple areas down in Southern Indiana.

There's some politician bitching to try and put us on Central time instead of Eastern right now. Don't think it will go anywhere really.

It was the Cincy and Louisville suburbs. Leave it on Eastern time. Why does that matter to me? Because I work in Michigan.

I have no kids.

But given that I'm single, I don't exactly face pressure to procreate

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    It was the Cincy and Louisville suburbs. Leave it on Eastern time. Why does that matter to me? Because I work in Michigan.
    Thank goodness there are no actual important things these idiots in Indy could be working on instead... All this crying over time zones. Its not like all the counties will change to Central anyways, ones with Ohio or Michigan are going ot want to stay Eastern.

Pretty much all I do is work in the garage and edit vids on the computer. I have no idea what day it is anymore. Earlier today, I was notified by FB that I had an art thing to attend tonight. I’m like, “What, it’s Thursday?”
    Last edited by Cam; March 8th, 2018 at 07:43 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I had an idea...sort of....

Why not have packaging for food that requires you to burn more calories to open the package than the food/candy/whatever inside? I'm guessing the amount of calories required to be burned would be waaay too much though.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I had an idea...sort of....

Why not have packaging for food that requires you to burn more calories to open the package than the food/candy/whatever inside? I'm guessing the amount of calories required to be burned would be waaay too much though.

I think you'd be drastically over-estimating what kind of calories are burned with basic tasks using your hands.

ie. A typical homemade white-bread PB&J sandwich is about 300 calories. That's 25 minutes of running at 5mph, or a 1 hour brisk walk. Or, if you prefer a typical weight lifting session, about two hours. So whatever packaging you're talking about would probably have to require two hours of very hard labour to rip open.
    Last edited by tigeraid; March 9th, 2018 at 06:48 AM.