Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Run for cover! (The Ford Mustang Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Other than number of cylinders, this is really the only other info that matters: mid-priced option or range topper?
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see, hmm?

I'm not trying to milk you for info SLM, I know you're not a source.

But looking at the various sites today, nobody has released anything about the Mustang Hybrid yet. Everybody is ramping up for the upcoming 2018 model. #shrug

I have a hard time believing that the Voodoo will get FI for a GT500. I could see the cross plane version being used, which it is in the racing series, but the Voodoo without some strengthening would go boom imo. I guess it is possible, but I just dont see it. There is another rumor flying around right now on the Mustang boards that they will use a newly developed 7.0 in some Mustang, however its currently being made to be used in the Super Duty. I hope they keep the Voodoo unique to the 350, and use the cross plane in the 500. I also hope they go with turbo instead of supercharging. I would really like to see an ecoboost 5.0 which has been rumored for a while. Whatever they do, I just hope they put proper cooling on it so there will be no issues like what is going on with the 15-16 base and tech pack 350s overheating if you look at them the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    I'm not trying to milk you for info SLM, I know you're not a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggdogg View Post
    I have a hard time believing that the Voodoo will get FI for a GT500. I could see the cross plane version being used, which it is in the racing series, but the Voodoo without some strengthening would go boom imo.
    So they have to re-sleeve the block, that's no big deal at the factory -- $1500 cost at most in the aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggdogg View Post
    I guess it is possible, but I just dont see it. There is another rumor flying around right now on the Mustang boards that they will use a newly developed 7.0 in some Mustang, however its currently being made to be used in the Super Duty. I hope they keep the Voodoo unique to the 350, and use the cross plane in the 500. I also hope they go with turbo instead of supercharging. I would really like to see an ecoboost 5.0 which has been rumored for a while.
    Ford has repeated that the Voodoo is unique to the GT350 for some time now. Can't buy the crank and/or requisite wiring separately.

The Aluminator XS uses the same 5.2L block as the Voodoo but it's a crossplane. That's what I originally thought that pic was, a factory Aluminator XS with a supercharger on it. But if the guy taking the illicit snaps says it's a Voodoo, who am I to disagree?
    Last edited by novicius; April 10th, 2017 at 11:10 AM.

A lot more than just resleeving the block would be needed to meet the reliability needs of a somewhat high volume car with a 12.5-1 compression ratio with a 5 year 60000 mile powertrain warranty and still be cost effective imo.

You're right, sleeves and new dished pistons to lower compression.

Livernois recommends sleeving the 5.0L Coyote when building 1,000 horse. I think 650-700 is doable.

A great (old) article on SVT.

Some absolute gems here.

Found these yesterday. As I was walking to the checkout I had an insatiable urge to bump in to crowds of people. I have no idea why.
    DSCF0499.jpg

Top left looks like a Trans Am car.