Page 1 of 222 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: TSG's Unified Fleet Thread

TSG's Unified Fleet Thread

First post:

Audi's heat still works, and it passed smog three hours ago. Gonna try and sell it as-is, of course letting the buyer know about the catalytic converter issue. I'm hoping maybe someone would like to buy it at a reduced price knowing it has deferred maintenance. If not, no worries, I've got 90 days to put a new cat on it and sell it turnkey. Dope!

Next up, transmission mount and smog check on the 9-3, then it's up for sale too.

Speaking of smog, while at the smog shop today one of the techs had his family in for lunch. He introduced me to his young son as "daddy's friend." I have a relationship with a guy most people see once every two years, at most. I rule.

Hah, that's funny. And yes, you do.

At some point in the last 24 hours or so, tickets were finally announced for Burning Man. Usually that happens back in December, but I was told there was some major internal restructuring so I guess this is the new thing. It looks like they are limiting vehicles this year - "only" 38,000 vehicle passes will be issued, and you need one to drive in. They are selling ~60,000 tickets again this year, so unless every a bazillion people come alone there shouldn't be a vehicle pass crunch. I'm still going to hold off until I have a pass in my hand before buying a mobile shitter. This goes down on February 26th. Time to sock away $760. That hurts a little, but I think it's going to be totally worth it. The last time I was this excited & nervous at the same time was Lap 1 at the inaugural 24 Hours of Lemons. Hopefully Burning Man involves a lot less unscheduled roll cage testing and sheetmetal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Gonna try and sell it as-is.
    "There's a lot of glitter in this car."
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Speaking of smog, while at the smog shop today one of the techs had his family in for lunch. He introduced me to his young son as "daddy's friend." I have a relationship with a guy most people see once every two years, at most. I rule.
    My smog guy recognizes me, too, and I bring, at most, two cars per year to him (the Miata and BMW are on the same cycle).
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    "There's a lot of glitter in this car."
    My shop vac was no match for it. It's like the glitter is taunting me.

No vacuum is a match for it--that was the one absolute prohibition when we rented our wedding/reception site at UCDavis: NO GLITTER.
    Whoomah!

Audi is gone, glitter and all.

Did the transmission mount and smog on the 9-3 this morning, it goes up for sale shortly.

h4rdc0r3: Get home from work at 4:30am. Fix a car, smog a car, sell a car all before dinner time. THERE'S TIME FOR SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD.

I thought the slew of "Wanna trade something you don't want for the Celica" emails were the pinnacle of dumb CL users, but I just got the best one.

email: Is your GT-S still available?
    Yes, it is.
    email: Is there a number where I can reach you?
    Sure, it's xxx-xxx-xxxx
    Text: Is your GT-S still available?

Call me crazy, but I don't need to sell the car bad enough to deal with this person.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?