Page 1066 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 66566966101610561064106510661067106810761116116615662066 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,660 of 24728

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Your question has nothing to do with it. Most of us here aren't particularly racist, so of course we'd rather be rich and black. That article points out that, amongst Trump supporters, they tend to feel otherwise.

You can survey us all you want, we do not represent the electorate. You may have a reading comprehension issue, as the whole premise of that article is that Trump rode along the back of the idea that the best black person is still inferior to the worst white person. Our opinions are immaterial in this, as none of us voted for Trump.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; January 11th, 2018 at 09:50 PM.

And the question assumes rich black people don't experience racism. As though, magically, racism goes away now that you have money.

It's why we blacks didn't go for Sanders. Racism is racism; it cannot be fixed by economics. Nor will we sit by and coddle the recent economic misfortunates while we have to deal with more racism. We've had structural racism, institutional racism holding us back and fucking us over economically, and won't be told to sit back while others are mollycoddled.

Oprah fucking Winfrey was told she couldn't afford a particular handbag. Newsflash; I can afford that handbag. Oprah could buy that whole business, the building it's housed in, all the other businesses within and probably their parent companies as well.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Some perspective:

Time for a US Apology to El Salvador, The Nation, 2016.
    Dirty Hands Part One, The Atlantic, 1998.

The new Secretary of State, Alexander Haig, famously declared in the first weeks of the Reagan presidency that El Salvador was the "test case" of the Administration's foreign policy and that America would "draw the line" there against "Communist interference."
    US role in Salvador's brutal war BBC News, 2002.

To defeat the rebels, the US equipped and trained an army which kidnapped and disappeared more than 30,000 people, and carried out large-scale massacres of thousands of old people women and children.
    Many of the colonels in charge of these policies, far from facing war crimes tribunals at the end of the war were later made US citizens.
    acket.

Oh, and the situation in Haiti is not much different regarding American intervention. They have been under a de facto U.S. occupation since 1915.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Your question has nothing to do with it. Most of us here aren't particularly racist, so of course we'd rather be rich and black. That article points out that, amongst Trump supporters, they tend to feel otherwise.

You can survey us all you want, we do not represent the electorate. You may have a reading comprehension issue, as the whole premise of that article is that Trump rode along the back of the idea that the best black person is still inferior to the worst white person. Our opinions are immaterial in this, as none of us voted for Trump.
    While it's true that racist will prefer a lousy white guy over a more qualified black dude, but you don't really believe a white supremacist really want to be poor himself, right? Surely even a dumbass white supremacist would want more money while believing he's superior to other races...

Economic gap issue exacerbates the race issue. If people are doing better financially, poor whites will be less angry and black people will be discriminated less too. Economy is also easier to fix than racism.

Right now, our nation is being controlled by the super rich.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    And the question assumes rich black people don't experience racism. As though, magically, racism goes away now that you have money.

It's why we blacks didn't go for Sanders. Racism is racism; it cannot be fixed by economics. Nor will we sit by and coddle the recent economic misfortunates while we have to deal with more racism. We've had structural racism, institutional racism holding us back and fucking us over economically, and won't be told to sit back while others are mollycoddled.
    I think it can be partially fixed by economics. Yes, there will ALWAYS be racists, but if most people were in better financial situations, it would be MUCH more difficult for them to find a scapegoat for their bad situation, whether it's black people, "mexicans" (any hispanics), or others "They're taking our jeeeerrrbs" type BS

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    While it's true that racist will prefer a lousy white guy over a more qualified black dude, but you don't really believe a white supremacist really want to be poor himself, right? Surely even a dumbass white supremacist would want more money while believing he's superior to other races...

Economic gap issue exacerbates the race issue. If people are doing better financially, poor whites will be less angry and black people will be discriminated less too. Economy is also easier to fix than racism.

Right now, our nation is being controlled by the super rich.
    Quit trying to explain it away. It's racism. Economic gap does not exacerbate the issue. The economic gap is an issue, for sure, but it's a different, unconnected issue. There are poor people who aren't racist at all. There are rich people that are racist as fuck (see our president, he's never been poor in his entire life).

Also, Trump's voters were not overwhelmingly poor. About a third of people who voted for him make six figures. 2/3 of them make more than the median income in the United States. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.63aa3353fcf9

Honestly, to some extent it sounds like your solution is "just make sure you pay black people less than white people, otherwise they'll get irrationally angry", and that's an insane solution.

acket.

Unfortunately, I think that the Basket of Deplorables will be exposed to the Human Rights Commission's communique not directly but thru some dimwit who will further the myth about NWO/Agenda21/Deep Guvmint.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar