Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Billi vs the World

Back to Joe Rogan, I think Jon Stewart and I are like totally on the same wavelength.

lol whenever I click VIEW POST it's clear that this guy really can only see things as being pure black and pure white. It's guys like him who created Trumpeo and their lovers. Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Nevertheless, I just think it’s more wrong to suppress people’s free will.
    My issue is when your free will interferes with me, especially my safety.
    Is it free will to drink and drive?
    Or walk down the street with a gun which you might pull out if you get angry.
    Or even just shoot people!

Its easy to have rules for "after the fact", but again that doesn't help the victims.

To live in a society is to trade off some of your rights to benefit from the group. We have laws and restrictions. These all restrict your free will.
    The issue is just where do we draw the line.

Yeah, gun rights is probably one of the most controversial issues…

As for vaccine, once we’re vaccinated, we’re protected, right?

I think temporarily lockdowns to stop the initial spread or buy scientists time were necessary for everyone’s good, but >2 yrs into this, I think it should be clear that we don’t really need such a mandate to feel safe.

Lastly, when you have significant # of people protesting, whether it’s for BLM or FREEDUMB, governments can ignore them at their own peril. BLM is more complicated... it's not like we could just pass a law to end racism, but vaccine mandate is a specific policy. Canada already has like 80% vax rate…, I just don’t think it’s wise to further piss off your truck drivers for the rest of the 20%… JT's push for mandate is mostly politics now... even by looking at politics of it, will vaccination of 99+% of canadians be worth it when your nation is paralyzed in supply chain issues? Anyway, I wish US has 80% vaccination rate...

The policy I'd recommend is to encourage people to vaccinate. People should come to their senses eventually.

Abortion rate is also on a steady decline although currently we still have pro-choice.

I'm pretty sure I will never be a Christian if there's a mandate to follow Jesus in America. I'd probably flee to China and be a communist.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 4th, 2022 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    lol whenever I click VIEW POST it's clear that this guy really can only see things as being pure black and pure white. It's guys like him who created Trumpeo and their lovers. Enjoy!!!
    Dude, cancel culture is probably more black and white than Billi. Either Joe disappear or my music disappear! That's called 'nuance'? Who's being black and white here? With regard to vaccines, at least 'most' folks are vaccinated already. Why is it necessary to 'mandate' it for 100% of the population? As for those immune compromised folks... do they need like a bunch of doctor's notes to get a waiver? If they couldn't get a waiver in time, they'll just get jabbed anyways because we have a 'mandate'? And for those anti-vaxxers, they can probably buy a fake waiver from some asshole doctors anyway. Government's job should just be assisting/regulating big pharmas to come up with safe/effective/available vaccines for all. Forcibly jabbing in people's arms should not be necessary. There's absolutely no nuance in 'mandates'.

You know, I really can't tell if you're truly happy when CCP took over HK or being sarcastic..., but either way, as long as your happy, what can I say?

I, on the other hand, would not want to see Taiwan be forcibly taken over. I'd like to see reunification of China, but not by force. Any governments that wish to do something against people's will, I'd be against that.

I do approve of CCP's initial lockdowns, but they still reacted too little too late. Had WHO listened to Taiwan's warnings, maybe things could turn out better for the rest of the world? But what do those Taiwanese freedumb people know, right? Oh wait, I forgot, Taiwan doesn't even exist according to China, that's why WHO couldn't hear Taiwan's warnings. WHO was pretty useless in the beginning. When China said there's no virus, WHO believed China. When China lock herself down, WHO applauded and praised her for doing a great job. WHO just wasn't independent enough. I could tell by how they ignored Taiwan's early warnings.

Now of course China got things under control much easily than rest of the world because Xi can mandate whatever he wants! He could also fudge the #s if he wants. Whatever he wants goes. He's also very good at silencing contrarian voices. Doesn't matter if you're a billionaire! CCP is like God! CCP can give and made Jack Ma a billionaire... CCP can also take it away. Let's praise the Almighty CCP! China is so awesome! But I take that back. Even God respects people's free will and would never force us into doing anything.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 4th, 2022 at 12:26 PM.

Administrator
    Back to the Malone/Rogan thing, here's a doctor's take on it. It's a long twitter thread, but worth the read IMHO:
    Part 1: https://twitter.com/grahamwalker/sta...29245520580608
    Part 2: https://twitter.com/grahamwalker/sta...17274918957056
    Part 3: https://twitter.com/grahamwalker/sta...27556044566529
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 5th, 2022 at 02:48 PM.

Can you share with me why it’s worth reading? Does it really has to be this long?

If there’s really no way to shorten that, then I guess I will have to go and read the whole thing…

Anyway, point is I’m discussing this with Tom Swervo, not Graham Walker. I’d like to know what you think.

Do you still think Billi is wrong and Jon Stewart has turned right wing and became somebody like Jordan Peterson?

Administrator
    It's worth reading because a practicing doctor who deals with Covid patients did the work to go through the claims that Malone made. You previously stated, without evidence, that the people who wrote the open letter to Spotify were unqualified, so here's a guy who's qualified and can explain why Malone is not - or at least not qualified to make the statements he made on the show. He goes through in a significant amount of detail what Malone gets wrong as well as how Rogan lets him spout things he's either unqualified to say or has already been debunked completely unchallenged.

As far as what I think: you like to see anybody who goes against the "mainstream" as automatically correct. You are the person that Julian Sanchez described. You read somewhere that the people who wrote the open letter weren't qualified and therefore Malone is the truth-teller that the mainstream is trying to keep down. And before you say it, no, I don't think being mainstream makes it automatically right, either. I think the person that posted all that was good about showing receipts.

I haven't watched Jon Stewart's thing, but part of what I'm not liking about his stance lately - Stewart is a great debater. Just because I am not a good debater doesn't mean that I'm wrong and the person demanding that I debate them is right. Also, he's proof that even if you are a great debater, it doesn't really end up doing a ton. He famously debated Tucker Carlson on Crossfire, and look where that got us? Did he change Tucker's mind? Did he point out to TV execs that Tucker is an unserious man who will say anything to make a buck? Maybe for a very short time, but certainly not in a lasting way.

Now, I don’t automatically dismiss mainstream everything just because they’re mainstream. I do try to critically examine their stances. Like in RWA’s Christian school’s case, I stayed consistent to my understanding of the Bible and didn’t just accept whatever a ‘Christian’ institution must be correct. I also didn’t disagree just for the sake of disagreeing because they’re ‘mainstream’.

Similarly, my argument had never been about Dr Malone. I haven’t heard everything he said, but based on whatever I’ve heard so far, I am not 100% convinced that he is correct. My argument is that we ought not to silence him just because he doesn’t go along with the mainstream narrative. Let him speak and let listeners decide for themselves. I just don’t believe free speech is about having the freedom to shut somebody up.

Governments really should create better and more affordable education systems so that your democratic constituents are not so stupid to be so easily swayed by false information. Governments ought to also earn the trust of the people. Our government pretty much failed on both front. There are a lot of Malones out there. You will not be able to silence them all!

Anyway, I really can’t believe even Jon Stewart is causing your jaundice eye too…

Tell you what, I will take the time to read that long tweet, but please view that fairly short video of Stewart and let’s come back and see if we can come to an agreement?

[edit] okay, only finished part1 at the moment… the only thing is might disagree with this doctor on is that he used a fortune article to prove that vaccine is more effective than natural immunity against omicron. Realistically that’s just difficult to believe, right? That a vaccine developed not for omicron in the 1st place is actually way more effective than our immune system? If this science holds true over time, than big pharma must be really really good!

Anyway, onto part2.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 6th, 2022 at 09:25 AM.

Administrator
    Okay, so I'm about 4 minutes into Jon Stewart's interview there. Right off the bat, that's what I'm talking about. "Engage." Now Neil Young has to be a debater on someone else's podcast. Nobody's telling Rogan he needs to become a singer-songwriter.

I'm glad that works for Jon. He's talented at it. I think he puts *way* too much faith into it. He was great on the Daily Show at that, and the Daily Show has spun off a lot of other people who are great at that. That's wonderful! If you can do that, do that. But expecting people to be talented debaters and great orators to be able to make their voice heard isn't fair to a lot of people. Some people just don't have great voices. Some people get flustered, even when they're right. Forcing them to "engage" with a guy who gets kicked in the head for a living on his podcast is not the right answer.

The second part is pointing out that one thing that everyone points at for Rogan, where someone went on his show and corrected him about myocarditis in kids. Here's the thing I notice about that: Rogan pushed back on this claim. He didn't push back at all against Malone that I can see. He also didn't ask to look up data with Malone, but he needed to go to the data for something that honestly is common knowledge for the vast majority of us.

Jon comes from a comedy background, has likely worked with Rogan, and enjoys engaging like that. I don't think that's necessarily the wrong step if that's something you're good at and want to do. If I'm at a bar and some guy is going off on racist and homophobic nonsense, I'm not the person who's going to go toe to toe with him. If the bar won't kick him out, I'm leaving and not coming back. I think that's also a fully appropriate response.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity
    Let him speak and let listeners decide for themselves. I just don’t believe free speech is about having the freedom to shut somebody up.
    Malone is speaking for a position of supposed authority, I don't think it's realistic to let the listeners to have to go to medical school to decide for themselves.

And why would it be difficult to believe that the vaccine is more effective than natural immunity? Omicron's actually been shown to be extremely effective at evading natural immunity. The same thing happened with the Spanish flu.