Page 1866 of 2489 FirstFirst ... 8661366176618161856186418651866186718681876191619662366 ... LastLast
Results 18,651 to 18,660 of 24883

Thread: Politics

I'm assuming everyone has seen this, but it's worth looking redundant to make sure that you have.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    As usual, he will just be called a traitor and a "RINO".
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Pelosi isn't muckin about. Pence has an ultimatum on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndMoparMan View Post
    Pelosi isn't muckin about. Pence has an ultimatum on Monday.
    He'll be too chicken to invoke the 25th.

He wanted to have a pathway to the presidency but his political future will forever be tarnished by his dalliance with "our broad shouldered leader." And NO MATTER WHAT he does on Monday, he does not have a pathway to the White House; simply for being Trumps yes man for the last four years.

It's crazy that it's taken THIS for some Republicans to grow a spine. Babies in cages didn't stop them. Overt racism (shit hole countries, they're not sending their best, etc) didn't stop them. "Grab them by the pussy." Stand back and stand by. Fine people on both sides. The never disclosed tax returns. Trump foundation. The encyclopedia of lies. Etc etc etc.

And this is why I forever say fuck Republicans.

There is no way we shouldn't throw this mess of a presidency at them any time they speak about morality or law and order. Every fucking time!

Last I read Pence hadn’t ruled out using the 25th. Maybe he needed a few days to think about it. Those few days are almost up. If he truly cares about his oath, the people, and the Constitution, then he’ll invoke it without looking back.

I think he’ll do it. Pence is said to be furious with Trump, and the two haven’t spoken since Wednesday. Every man has pride and most have dignity, and Trump crossed the line with Pence when he asked him to violate his oath. He then publicly dragged his name through the mud when he wouldn’t go through with it. All that shit combined with the violence at the Capitol is enough to push any decent man (or woman) to take action.

Is Mike Pence truly decent? We saw a glimpse of it on Wednesday. We’ll find out for sure very soon.

He won't.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I think he’ll do it. Pence is said to be furious with Trump, and the two haven’t spoken since Wednesday. Every man has pride and most have dignity, and Trump crossed the line with Pence when he asked him to violate his oath. He then publicly dragged his name through the mud when he wouldn’t go through with it. All that shit combined with the violence at the Capitol is enough to push any decent man (or woman) to take action.
    Reports say that Pence was afraid for his life, as the Trump riot was out to get him for "betraying the president". And it seemed a possible outcome that he could have been lynched by that mob.
    I wouldnt be surprised if that is enough to push him to act.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    The problem is that, even if Pence wanted to invoke the 25th Amendment, he'd need the backing of half of the Cabinet. This also does not address the fact that the majority of the Cabinet is currently occupied by stand-in appointees who have never passed Congressional approval, and there is legal question of whether or not they can even vote on the 25th Amendment.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yup, trumpist preemptively vacated the cabinet so that the 25A can't go thru.
    acket.