Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Godson - 2013 Scion FR-S

Yeah, both thoughts are in the order for this weeks events. I *think* I can modify the camera exposure, but only while recording. I'll dig around some to see what I can come up with.

Not sure about teh VIRB, but on a GoPro you can turn on Spot metering and make sure the center point of the camera view is looking to the outside instead of on an interior part (including the mirror). Or just do the EV. Seems like at least a full stop needed there.

Congrats on the sweet ride!

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Congrats on the sweet ride!
    Fo Sho.

Thanks everyone.

I'm currently at TTNats running at NCM. I am sharing a car with a guy who is pretty quick. If it was a class built car, I'm fairly sure he could be chasing a podium.

That being said, I'm in the bottom 3/4 currently and struggling to find pace.

I think I've narrowed it down to not trail braking, not blending my inputs together. I'm definitely not doing nearly as good of a drive as I did at ECR two weeks ago.

It's all in my head, I just need to polish.

This is me in Tyler's FR-S in Texas last month:

First part is the fastest lap. Tyler did turn a faster lap on the last day, nice job mate.
    Second part is a really tricky high speed spin that I had. Sorry about the tires. I'm pretty sure it was just a combination of a damp track, cold tires, and braking after turning. But I'm still a bit startled at how quickly it happened, I'm not sure I could've done much to save it once it started. I had cars following so I let off the brake and allowed it to coast backwards into the field rather than putting them at risk.

That track looks like fun!

ECR has a great flow to it. I absolutely love that track. It's forgiving, yet has some hidden gems to it.

The faux corkscrew is amazing to throw the car into after the back straight

ECR is great. They just need to move it several hundred miles closer.

The video does not really convey the elevation changes. There are a lot of climbs and dips, similar to VIR or PittRace.

https://youtu.be/V9LP17Jw7FY

Video from Sunday. This was my fastest lap of the weekend, after watching it, I know where I was leaving 2 seconds to my co-driver.

I have a lot of work to do!

Like an LS Swap?