Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Leon's car farm

You know what a retiree would like?

A Vitz.

A decent 401k sounds more plausible.

Street sprint in the rain. Pretty sketchy, but amusing.

Very cool.

What do farmers/civilians do when they need to use that road on race day? I didn't see any driveways or side roads blocked off.

That road has a serious lack of local residents on it, as I recall it's basically two farms.

Well right -- but the racing outfit you're participating with, don't they have to do some sort of sanctioning or notifying the locals, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Well right -- but the racing outfit you're participating with, don't they have to do some sort of sanctioning or notifying the locals, etc.?
    Oh very much so. Road closures, notifications of locals, signage, safety plans, council permission, traffic management plans. The list goes on for ages, and it only takes one local being a cunt to ruin it.

Did a couple more events, one on grass where I came in fourth overall, second in class. One sealed hillclimb where I came absolutely nowhere.

The Corolla is fairly well down on power now I think (hard to say, because it has been gradually losing grunt as the engine wears out).

She's due for a big birthday next month. Panel and paint, to get rid of the dent I put in the back corner back in November, along with some rust that has been lurking a while, and a repaint down one side (has had horrible paint on the left side of the car when I first bought it 10 + years ago).

Then the following week or so, it is engine rebuild time for my mechanic. I've picked up a recon'd shortblock off one friend, and I'm picking up a complete engine with recon'd head (including mild cam upgrades, yay) but with a bit of bore wear. So recon'd head will go onto recon'd shortblock hopefully during the week the car is getting panel and paint. The plan is then to have the engine installed pretty quickly, so I can get it run in before the next lot of gravelsprints.

I'd estimate that I've done circa 80-90 events on the old engine, which was a whopping $550 wrecker engine in unknown condition. So I can't complain about that sort of a run out of a stock engine.

shortblock.jpg

I did a competition logbook countback ... 94 events including two rallies.

Car is in getting rust repaired, the dent that I put in the back corner fixed, and the left side re-painted (the paint job on that side of the car has been dire, right from when I bought the car 13 years ago).

panel2.jpg
    panel.jpg

I had no idea you still owned that white Toyota D:

I clearly need to check this thread more often, lol.