Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: GTXFFF1 2018

I think people should just submit in secret and if some folks happened to end up with the same selections... they can then discuss amongst themselves to whether become co-owners of the same team or perhaps make slight adjustments to separate themselves out more uniquely...

Yeah, I think PM the teams, and priority for duplicates goes to the team with the lower finishing position the year before, like a draft (or higher as a reward?). Either way, just let the other person know their team is invalid and to make another selection (usually changing one of you 1 or 2 credit drivers is enough).

At the other board I do this at we each picked two unique rounds as tie breakers. If there is a tie at the end of the year those rounds count as 1.5x for each team for the purpose of determining a tie-break. If two teams choose to field identical drivers then they'll inevitably be tied at the end of the season and the multiplier rounds determine the final position.

It's clean, quick, easy, and fair. It was rejected by the GTXF league when I suggested it last year.

If it's up to me we'll either go back to first come, first serve or some variation of the above tie-breaker

So you can choose as many drivers as you want up to 40 points? And do they score the same points as they would in WDC? If so, no points for drivers chosen that finish outside the top 10?

$40 million to buy as many drivers you can afford.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Congrats godson, just walked away from the field this year.

In terms of picking teams mark me down as I don’t really mind what the rules are, There’s no sheep stations in play so I’ll just roll with whatever

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    If it's up to me we'll either go back to first come, first serve or some variation of the above tie-breaker
    I offered it again because I think the 'blind selection' mechanism creates a lot of extra work for the organizer and I don't think it's really right to ask that in a league that's run for fun and for free.

Just brainstorming at the moment. I'm probably in either way, if only to show how much smarter I am than JoeW.