Page 2079 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1079157919792029206920772078207920802081208921292179 ... LastLast
Results 20,781 to 20,790 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Part of it is probably the "nah, that can't happen HERE" mentality
    Never underestimate the fanaticism and numbers of Billi's Brainwashed Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think one thing interesting that may come out of all this is finding out where in the chain of information things fell apart so that the top brass didn't see this coming. There was an article I posted a while back about how some agents were starting to sound alarm bells, as one of the links above shows they were basically plotting this out in the open, but it sounds like they would eventually hit someone in the hierarchy who would doubt there was a problem and the information would just stop there.
    I can't believe there were any 'doubts' at any level. I can understand secret service or law enforcement have limited resources and could not possibly respond to all possible threats. However, there was only a single threat against the capitol. Ordinary citizens like my loan agent saw it coming. Can you imagine Secret Service received a single threat against the president's life and then they doubted the tip and then actually decided to make sure they place even less # of agents around the president than typical and then actually limit their access to proper gears?

Either there were Trump supporters within top level of the government secretly wanting this insurrection to succeed, or top level of the government is orchestrating a show for all of us to see. I guess it is possible that top level of the government is also split like us? So both could be going on at the same time? So it was like a chess game to them... insurrectionists and the police on the ground were simply their pawns. Trump's side must've foresaw that they couldn't win so Trump asked the folks to go home rather than escalating further.

We all know about the dodginess of the FBI... and even Obama would want to silence whistleblowers like Snowden... chances are a thorough investigation will probably implicate everybody. This is why we never get to the bottom of anything near the top... problems never solved and we'd always have questions and doubts giving rise to bunch of conspiracies. See 9/11, financial crisis, mysterious death of Epstein, etc.

Existence of Snowden should remind us all that US government is not really interested in transparency at the top level. Non-elected government officials near the top or the rich elites controlling them are probably as bad as the CCP, at least dictator Xi is clear with his iron fists, but the US version just have to maintain the illusion that we're still a democracy.

Yeah yeah, voting rights are definitely important, but it'd be really nice if our votes can really make any significant difference. At this point, our votes are meaningless. Whether you vote for democrats or republicans, Congress does NOT pass legislations in accordance to the will of the people. Our congress folks do not represent us. You want representation? You gotta have more money. If you really want to represent the people, then you're political career probably won't go very far. If you're stubborn and steadfast enough, maybe you'll do as well as Bernie Sanders... that's about it.

Trump would've won my vote if he would pardon or give Snowden a fair trial. However, he did no such thing. He not only didn't really drain the swamp, but also added more swamp creatures worse than before!

Biden is probably our last hope. I was really surprised that he could end a forever war. I would not believe that'd actually happen until I actually saw it. Anyway, with such low approval rating, maybe he can be motivated to just do more of what's right than what's politically right. In times such as this one, voters don't really need more rights, they probably need more bread. Make the lives or americans better, you will win more votes. So much more to the point of never have to worry about filibusters or stupid Manlychin or lousy Cinemas. Minority rights are definitely good, but we need to also make sure the majority is taken care of too. Otherwise, it'll be Trump 2024 for sure.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 14th, 2022 at 10:30 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I can't believe there were any 'doubts' at any level.
    I believe the article in question was the Washington Post one about the leadup, actual, and aftermath of the insurrection, mainly in the leadup part. I believe you said that it was really long and didn't read it. I'll repost it here: https://wapo.st/3A1fMBp

Yeah, that was long, but I think I read thru the lead up part… even just reread some of it. Anyway, can understand they not taking candidate Trump seriously at 1st, but how can you not take the sore loser president trump seriously? Especially with so many warnings?

It made sense they want to not deploy troops/national guard fearing the commander in chief might have other ideas… plus who knows how many trump supporters we have in the military! However, the Capitol police’s relative inaction was surprising to me. Yeah, it’s easy to say that we just never got the memo from other agencies, but I just find it hard to believe.

I really believe Trump had his chance to grab power if he wanted to. If he didn’t tell people to go home, he probably would become the ‘president’ now. However, something made him tweet out go home.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Wow, your country does suck if it can allow to have this man in a position of power.

Mitch McConnell: "The concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African-American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as American voters."

https://twitter.com/bse229/status/14...olsoZbbnw&s=19
    acket.

I wish he would give us a link to the source of that statistics. African Americans vs Americans…

Anyway, considering fighting for higher min wage is equally as unlikely as fighting for voting rights, I wish Biden fought harder on min wage. Then the senate minority turtle might utter the statistics of poor Americans making just as much money as other Americans.

I have to stress again, when it comes to choosing bread or rights, bread should have higher priority. As more Americans get hungrier and angrier, better the odds for Trump.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 20th, 2022 at 11:22 AM.

politicians make a living keeping the masses poor and fighting among themselves.
    acket.

GOP feeds on corporate America money and disgruntled american votes, who want better lives.

Dems feed on corporate America money and disgruntled 'minority' americans who want equal rights.

So in terms of money, the two parties are probably equally rich. However, dems are at a disadvantage trying to win elections from votes from 'minorities'!!! Dems should easily win if everyone in America is well off enough to be concerned with other americans, but when time is bad, who really care about of rights of others? And how can you win elections if you're only catering to minorities in such a time like this?

Voting rights definitely should be improved, but there are a LOT of other things that need improving too. Like I said, I wish Biden fought as hard for min wage increase just as he's doing for voting rights. That way, even if he fails, at least you'll probably still win more of voter's hearts. I really hope he learned some lessons here... Anyway, Biden probably has already saved America a lot of money by ending a forever war. Hope he'll also start thinking about saving 'majority' of Americans rather just minorities. When majority of americans are suffering, it's probably not a good time to focus on minorities too much... We're not a true democracy, but we are still kind of a democracy. Will keep praying for Biden...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 20th, 2022 at 01:36 PM.

"same rights for others does not mean less rights for you. it's not pie, you know?".

or however the meme goes.
    acket.

Equal rights is definitely a good ideal for us to aim for, but for a party that claims to be more pragmatic, what’s the point of equal rights when you’re living under poverty or addicted to meds or jobless or …