Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Ball

We’re going to lose at Oracle.

Then likely lose game 7.

It sucks.

I feel a little better this morning. So we blew game 5, we can always win game 6 on the road. Would’ve been sweet to win at home, but oh well. Don’t want to come back for game 7.

Been reading around the web about the fans cheering Durant’s injury. It looks bad on us, but whatever. If it happened in Philly or LA it wouldn’t be an issue, but because it’s in Toronto everybody loses their shit.

Feel bad for Durant. They’re fearing a torn Achilles’ tendon. Might’ve seriously fucked up his career. Hopefully that’s not the case.

I'm not a basketball fan, but being an elimination game I turned the second half on while reading in bed. It looked like the Warriors, Green in particular, really gave the Raptors every opportunity. Just really sloppy play, two unnecessary back courts in the 4th, and Cousins with back to back goaltending calls and then that horrific offensive foul.

Raptors should have won. Kawhi went into beast mode for that 9-0 run, but also bricked those shots that allowed the GSW to come right back.

The fans were objectively terrible. If you want to align yourself with the worst sports fans in American by excusing the behavior as 'it's okay in Philly' go for it.

It’s not about wanting to be like Philly fans, I just think people are overreacting. Our player was physically assaulted and verbally abused by a GSW fan (who turned out to be an owner) and nobody’s making sweeping generalizations about their fans.

Yes the initial cheering was tasteless when KD went down, but once it became apparent that he was injured it morphed into clapping and a “KD” chant, when he was being helped off the floor. Maybe people thought he flopped, which he did earlier in the game. That was my initial reaction. Only when you see the extent of the injury do you realize oh shit this is bad.

I think a lot of the derision comes from the perception that many of your fans are bandwagoners that showed up about a week ago. (Similar phenomenon happening in St. Louis). I don't doubt there is a dedicated core of deserving Raptors fans that would genuinely revel in a championship. The peripheral fan is really making them look bad, though. Like the GSW fan getting sucker punched (twice) on the streets, or the crowd inside and out, etc. Maybe it's a perception thing and we're just used to GSWs bandwagon being a few years old.

I'm not rooting against you or your team; I was just watching as a novelty and saw some of the nastier fan behavior captured in videos on Twitter. You're supposed to be nice, eh.

Canadians are not nice. That’s just a myth. Only Cam is nice. But shit, he’s not even Canadian anymore.

Seriously beyond hilarious. The first babe is really cute too.

We’re finally the champions! Feels so good. Like a relief! Parade is on Monday. Then the anxiety about Kawhi’s future will begin.

Loved his postgame press conference where he let it all out about his drama with those morons in San Antonio questioning his character and thinking he faked his injury. It was a big middle finger to SA, Pop and Tony Parker. It was great.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Canadians are not nice. That’s just a myth. Only Cam is nice. But shit, he’s not even Canadian anymore.