Thread: Religion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anyway, it is literally impossible for me to know exactly who or how many people were involved in order to make my meal in front of me possible, but guess what? Theologically, God knows. Grateful to God should be the same as being grateful to all those folks who made my meal possible.

If a Christian thinks that he only has to thank God and couldn't care less about other people, then this Christian obviously doesn't quite understand what Jesus is all about. The problem lies with him, not with Jesus nor Christianity itself.

BTW, I'm currently reading a book by canadian psychology professor Jordan B Peterson. He is actually very well versed with the bible and I agree a lot with his bible interpretations in his book, but according to wiki, I don't think he truly believes there is a God. He's kind afraid the God might exist, but he's probably leaning on the no God side...

Anyway, in his book, he was saying that there are actually no real 'atheists' in life... only folks who know or don't know which "God" they serve.

And 'Satan' has a job to confuse you..., either to make you not know which 'God' to serve or to dethrone this 'God' you're trying to serve.

Think of it as someone with a childhood passion or dream they're pursuing, then over the years he/she deviates from that and get lost or perhaps the mindset gets warped and became an extremist of his former passion?

I suppose the saddest scenario would be that 'Satan' does his work early so that a child came to this world having absolutely no passion nor dream whatsoever.

Anyway, my point is, if you want to be an atheist, make sure you still know what you're doing in life. I very much respect atheists like DN and this author I'm currently reading. Still able to value the good and wise part of the bible. If you're absolutely sure this goat herder's guide is absolute horseshit, then it's quite possible that satan has successfully tricked you.

You can be certain that the western civilization was not built up by atheists.

Of course, I'm not saying the west was built up by idiots either, but by God Himself and some less idiotic Christians!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 5th, 2018 at 08:59 AM.