Page 165 of 433 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

No point trying to rationally debate who’s right or wrong about emotions and feelings...

Surely depression sufferers don’t want to feel depressed for no good reasons... some may be better at controlling or suppressing emotions...

We’re all different.

I personally agree with the motto of “expecting the worse, but also remember to hope for the best!”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I guess we'll have to disagree there. I think burying what I consider to be actual grief instead of feeling it is counterproductive and ultimately less productive in the end. It does sound like we have very different definitions of feeling depressed, though.
    I don't think I'm suggesting we bury our grief (although we may also differ on what is meant by the word). We just have to acknowledge that it is there, without necessarily wallowing or feeling all-consumed by it.

You are implying that depression is something an individual can control.

I may be, although I think I was more saying one should beware, and take what steps one can to avoid falling into it. Or perhaps, rather, falling victim to it.

A lot of people in HK feel that they have had to deal with depressing stuff since June 2019.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; August 1st, 2020 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You are implying that depression is something an individual can control.
    My take is that a person can control many of ones hormones, even excess levels.
    No idea though how depression level of it is measured.

Fear of heights is the other side.
    No matter how well you can rationalize the situation it's still absolutely killing.

Ya'll mostly talking about despair not depression.

Personally, besides my unemployment problems and that I am at high risk of bad outcomes if I get Corona (despite being suicidal most days, I am not a fan of slow agonizing deaths), it really hasn't effected me much.

In fact everyone else feeling like I have was a very short lived moment of relief.
    Last edited by Rikadyn; August 1st, 2020 at 07:02 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I don't think I'm suggesting we bury our grief (although we may also differ on what is meant by the word). We just have to acknowledge that it is there, without necessarily wallowing or feeling all-consumed by it.
    Yeah, that's how I was reading it, so I think we were just sorta talking past each other there and are pretty much on the same page.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so that mofo got it and didn't get super sick, damn, no karma

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, that's how I was reading it, so I think we were just sorta talking past each other there and are pretty much on the same page.
    Cool, high five!!!