Page 43 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Matt, your Brands time in the gr4 viper isn't slow...

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Matt, your Brands time in the gr4 viper isn't slow...
    Now you have something to chase after lol
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I checked points after the next-to-last race of the past season, and at that point I was the leading BMW driver and I think 13th overall or so. Mostly I turn the game on a half hour before race start time, and do practice laps before jumping into qualifying. It's usually just about enough time for me to put the pieces together to be able to do a fast lap.

This season I quickly chose Renault because I really enjoy driving the RS01. This means I get stuck with the Megane in Gr4. It's a pig but at least at Suzuka it had a lot of straight line speed with the BoP. It also did quite well in the hairpin. It's no match for the Viper in sector 1, though!

I went with Porsche, figuring they'd be nicely balanced cars. I specifically wanted to go MR this round. My sympathies with the Megane though

The points are listed in the same spot, you just have to go to the pull down menu on the left and select Test Season 1.

First two races last night were alright, mid-pack qualifying and finish, but I was in with all the fastest guys. I used the Beetle at Kyoto, mostly a boring race but Iade up a few positions. Porsche at Suzuka was also pretty dull, except for a Viper that would never cede a positiom despite some banging and running off track.

Qualifying is now 10 minutes instead of 8, so that helps.
    Last edited by The359; November 13th, 2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    Now you have something to chase after lol
    I'm still trying to learn the fuckin' track lol. You wheelin' it?

I'm not using the wheel yet. I feel like I never have enough time set aside to hook it up and get used to it and dial in the settings.

Had a first while practicing at the oval for the Nations Cup. Set my fastest lap time, twice, on two consecutive laps.

Junior Potato
    Video is unrelated, but this is what I want to feel every time I crest the Mountain.

Funny, I did a 2:03 late in the race last night. Bathurst was the first track I've been to where the RS01 has felt like a handful. It's magic across the top of the hill, until the dipper when it wants to swap backwards. The low speed turns at the bottom of the hill are real hard to get right, too, and they're important. When you do a good lap there it feels like you really earned it - at least in the game, but I imagine the same is true IRL.

Matt - you're sitting on a wheel and haven't hooked it up? Dude! The 15 minutes is worth it.

Side note, I don't think I've seen anyone else in a Renault in my Mfr races this week or last.

Junior Potato
    The McLaren does the same at the Dipper. It’s a tricky corner.

…on a mountain full of tricky corners.