Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,129 of 1129

Thread: Novi's Proletariat Garage

You know I'm not a fan of the S197 Mustang but I'm not sure I'd go all in on a premium SN95 either.

I'd only go deep on a Terminator otherwise a Craigslist New Edge GT is all one needs.

One can do/build whatever you want with this body style off of a GT (as opposed to the V6 which requires lots of rewiring for any V8 swap).

I'm not gonna lie tho' -- I'd sell mine and go 2015+ Ecoboost automatic S550 if I ever get the chance. #sex

When I say 'all-in' I mean I wouldn't spend north of $15k on just about any SN95. Having had my fun I can't see doing it again at 3x+ the price.

In the off chance you remember that Roush Clone I was looking at at the very beginning of my search, it's still on that ratty lot, been over a year now. I pass it on the way to and from work every day.

Judging by eBay buy it now prices, people seem to want $20-25k for the non-supercharged S281s.

Seems like a tough sell in a world of stock Ecoboost Mustangs that make 270-280 hp at the wheels for the same price new, and can have an extra 90+ hp with a tune, intake, downpipe, and intercooler.

281 SC are rare enough that it's hard to get a handle on the market at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    When I say 'all-in' I mean I wouldn't spend north of $15k on just about any SN95. Having had my fun I can't see doing it again at 3x+ the price.
    I read you but in my (biased) opinion the Terminator is special. It's the pinnacle of the plat.

Financially-speaking, I will be shocked if the '03-'04 Cobras ever stop appreciating. Especially if one buys a stock or close-to-stock sub<100K mi one.
    Last edited by novicius; January 29th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    Seems like a tough sell in a world of stock Ecoboost Mustangs that make 270-280 hp at the wheels for the same price new, and can have an extra 90+ hp with a tune, intake, downpipe, and intercooler.
    Not to mention the otherwordly jump in interior quality and exterior design.

I would have a hard time paying more to buy back my car. I loved it but nostalgia would not cause me to pay more for a lesser car.

Aka, I have a hard time believing that my car has appreciated.....there are so many great cars that have come out since then.

*gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Aka, I have a hard time believing that my car has appreciated...
    Ah, not over your MSRP but the low point of resale has passed, that's all I'm saying. The bounce is on the upswing now, it seems like.