Page 417 of 499 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Is whelmed the same as gruntled?

Kind of surprising since it was written and directed by Joel Coen.

Yeah, I love the Coen bros, and maybe that's part of the problem. I generally enjoy their films for the interesting characters and writing, while a standard Macbeth (no matter how cool the set design is) just isn't able to surprise me.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    She's old now but still passably hot.
    'Passably' hot? She's still a 69-out-of-10 on the Richter scale

Speaking of old actresses that would surely be past their prime, Angelina Jolie and Selma Hayek.

I heard from somewhere that Eternals was a series on Disney+, but I thought it was a movie. So yesterday I had some time to kill and sat down and fired up the Xbox, to find that it was indeed a film. Eh, why not watch an hour of it and get on with my life?

I ended up watching the whole thing. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't shit. They're still setting up to provide the new continuation of the Marvel Cinematic Cash Cow so things are slow, but it has all the trappings of something that will lead to better stories down the track.

At the end of the day, Hayek and Jolie still look like they did 10 years ago. Schwing!

On the subject of MCU TV series, the first one, Loki, was fucking great. Like, really good. But the recent ones have been not-as-good. I enjoyed What If..? as a bit of fun (and I hope they do a Star Wars one too!) but Hawkeye could have been a lot better I think.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Eternals SHOULD have been a series IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    'Passably' hot? She's still a 69-out-of-10 on the Richter scale
    I think you were in love with her as a young boy. It’s okay, I was too. But not that much.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Watched both Venom movies, hadn't seen them before...quite fun and enjoyable. The Venom character is quite silly which I think is great.

Watched Prisoners last night. Long ass movie, but really good. Keeps you engaged. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal star in it. Some scenes made me feel like I was watching a Wolverine movie.

Mayor of Kingstown. The first episode was brutally slow, things picked up a hell of a lot from the second episode on. Jeremy Renner is the head of a family that has some sort of power in a Michigan town where the largest employer is the local prison. It's on Paramount+ if my brilliant synopsis has you curious about it.

Oh yeah, I was going to look into that show when the season ended. Worth it?
    -Formerly Stabulator