Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    I was driving the Audi R18 yesterday, and found it to be fun, if slightly terrifying. I use cockpit view if I'm not trying to fast lap times or racing online, for immersion and because race car.

Cockpit view.

This is what the driver sees when trying to navigate the Casio Triangle at Suzuka in one of these things. As you can see from the few hints available that I'm way off the racing line.

Turning left is relatively fine, but turning right becomes a series of sharp jabs at the wheel as I try to find the apex in tight corners. It would probably be easier in VR but who knows? I do like that cute little mirror on the A pillar though.

On another note, has anyone ever stopped to gawp at all the various textures of the bodywork on a car like this? In paint mode, the R18 is bare carbon fibre, but it's not a simple application of a carbon fibre texture like what you might have seen in other video games. It seems like every individual panel has its own different type of carbon weave, which would reflect the use of different types of carbon fibre in real life, and the nose and top air intake areas of the car look especially sexy. It's a body formed by CFD and science, a beautiful design from an engineering point of view, but overall downright ugly from an aesthetic point of view, and I love how Polyphony took the time to painstakingly model the different carbon fibre layers just for paint mode. Have a look:

That is pretty amazing!

Did a Sport race this morning, finished 8th, the splash screen at the end showed my car and my 8th-place finish, but then it also said something about how I'm now in 6th place, with a blue 'up' arrow and "6th"...but the result of the race was still that I finished 8th. Any idea what that means?
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Someone had a timed penalty I'd guess

Administrator
    For the R18, I can only judge that view against the one you have in PCars2 with VR, and can comfortably say it's much, much easier to see in VR.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Someone had a timed penalty I'd guess
    That's just it, I should have mentioned that I'd already moved up from 9th to 8th as a result of a penalty (I started 15th, no qualifying lap ). So not sure what the "6th place" with a blue arrow means...

Yes, it's not 100% clear on initial reading, but I also got raised 3 places on today's one-make race due to other people's penalties.

It looks to be wholly separate from the actual race results...unless I'm reading it wrong? (also, I won my SIXTH race today, look out Bryan!)
    gts-win-what.jpg

Unimpressed the update seems to have wiped out the mission friends leaderboards. That was half the fun of them. Hopefully it's just a sync'ing issue or something and they'll show back up later.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Unimpressed the update seems to have wiped out the mission friends leaderboards. That was half the fun of them. Hopefully it's just a sync'ing issue or something and they'll show back up later.
    It's specified in the update tha they were blanked because the physics of the game were tweaked, so they adjusted the difficulty as well.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Bummer given all my PSN Friends are done with them.

Thanks.