Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA Nationals TT Tour

SCCA Nationals TT Tour

SCCA is starting a Nationals level Time Trial Tour. They did some primer events last year but this is the first full season. They're promoting a very chill 'fun with cars' atmosphere. It's basically Track Night in America with stopwatches.

https://timetrials.scca.com/ if you want to read about it and see the calendar:

April 13-14: Thunderhill Raceway; Willows, California
    April 27-28: Pittsburgh International Race Complex; Wampum, Pennsylvania
    May 25-26: Carolina Motorsports Park; Kershaw, South Carolina
    June 8-9: Portland International Raceway; Portland, Oregon
    June 15-16: High Plains Raceway; Deer Trail, Colorado
    June 22-23: Heartland Motorsports Park; Topeka, Kansas
    July 5-6: Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park; Thompson, Connecticut
    July 27-28: GingerMan Raceway; South Haven, Michigan
    September 27-29: NCM Motorsports Park; Bowling Green, Kentucky. (Tire Rack Time Trials Nationals)
    I post a thread because I intend to run in three to four of these events. Tyler is running one of them with me (Kansas), and I believe Russ is looking at doing the Thunderhill event. I will be at Carolina and Kansas for sure, and am planning on also doing GingerMan and if I can swing it the Nationals event at NCM. Unfortunately I can't make it to PIRC because I have class that weekend, go figure.

The program is new but I have worked with some of the guys that run it and know it's a quality experience. Wanted to raise some awareness on it if anyone wanted to come out and drive, or just come out and spectate/party. I know for myself I intend to camp at the tracks for the weekend and try and enjoy that as much as the seat time.

I'll be towing the E46 to the events this year; Tyler is working to get the Z07 ready.

Just wanted to extend an open invitation to anyone that might want to come out and compete or just have a little GTXF get together at the track. Many of the tracks have karting during the weekend as well, etc.

Cheers!

Oh, Ash will be at Carolina and probably Kansas for sure if that sweetens the deal for anyone.

Administrator
    There is a smaller than zero chance that I'll be out of the country for Thunderhill, but if I'm not, I'd love to make it up there (though I feel a little lame showing up in a RAV4).

I cannot participate, but would like to meet you at the track. I'll bring a camera. Unfortunately, there are no spectator facilities at Carolina Motorsport Park. You can only view the track from a small area near turn one or the paddock.

< Needs a track car!

A Ford Probe stole the show at the Nationals event last year. Run whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I cannot participate, but would like to meet you at the track. I'll bring a camera. Unfortunately, there are no spectator facilities at Carolina Motorsport Park. You can only view the track from a small area near turn one or the paddock.
    We'd be thrilled to have you.

Yeah, many of the tracks on the Tour are club-level and thus lack proper spectator amenities. PIRC is nice in that it has geography on its side, so there is a 'spectator hill' where you can see probably 80% of the track. NCM isn't great for spectators, but they have an observation platform on the roof of their main building so you can see all of pit lane and maybe 60% of the course. I have never been to CMP and I'm just going by the information online.

For CMP we're planning on getting in Friday evening and setting up camp, then staying at the track until the events are done Sunday afternoon. Registration is in February so I assume by then we'll have a proper schedule and supplemental regulations to give a clearer picture of what's happening.

The MR2 is too nice/rare to track, I think. And the Z would require thousands in cooling/brake upgrades for safety and longevity of the car. Next car is likely to be more a DD than a track type car, unless I end up with a fantastic deal on an FR-S or something.

Rent a C7.