Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Billi vs the World

It’s the Canadian govt compelling him to dance to a certain tune… and you are saying Peterson is mischaracterizing that… nobody is really compelling him to dance… and if he doesn’t dance, then he must be an asshole.

That’s the power of PC. If you don’t submit to its correctness, you are always the asshole.

He is very clear with his statement that you quoted. If you genuinely wish to be called a certain pronoun, he’s fine with that. But if you are the asshole bully trying to paint him as the asshole bully, then he will tell you to fuck off.

Who is the ultimate bully here?

The left think it’s the right and the right think it’s the left.

Video footage is clear… the chasing aggressor is more bullish according to the jurors.

Jordan Peterson got famous just as KR. They fought against the liberal bullies and won and therefore will forever remain assholes because of that.

I just don’t see it that way.

These conflicts/fights really should not even happen in the 1st place.

We shouldn’t enact such laws in the 1st place. KR should not try to be a vigilante and protesters should not be destroying properties.

How hard it is to just say and dance for me and be nice? How hard is it to watch your store burn down? Insurance will pay you back! Don’t be an asshole like Jordan!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 29th, 2021 at 09:53 PM.

Administrator
    Will revisit this in the morning to hopefully not awaken my wife with the typing. Much like you're revisiting things I thought we already hashed out this morning, but apparently are repeating.

I don’t really know KR; however, obviously something is not right if we can see the same Jordan Peterson so differently.

These different lenses that we’re wearing probably changed the way we see Jesus as well.

Hope we can truly help each other clear up each other’s lenses…

Anyway, good night and please don’t wake your wife up.

Btw, I think I found a better video explaining why he refuse to dance to that ‘law’. This clip also has the comments opened. So you can also see other peoples thoughts.

https://youtu.be/s_UbmaZQx74
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 29th, 2021 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Pretty sure I already went through that. If you purposely refer to trans people by a pronoun they've asked you not to because you think they "have a chip on their shoulder", I think you're an asshole. "Dance for me, or I call you what I want no matter how it makes you feel." I do not see any way that's not about just being a bullying asshole.
    Possibly the reverse (or is it the same?) of how some Protestants in HK insist that only THEY are "Christians", and that Catholics are merely "Catholics" (as opposed to Christians). Whereas anyone not involved in this pathetic extremist pissing feud (like me) knows that they should all actually be called Christians.

I mean, there's no real point to this example, other than perhaps to demonstrate if I'm being an asshole by insisting to these Protestants that Catholics are also Christians (which I probably am, but fuck them and the misguided and pathetic high horse they rode in on) then whoever refers to trans people by a different pronoun to have a chip on their shoulder is almost certainly also an asshole. So does he justify this sort of behaviour against trans people but get outraged when others do it to his religion? Hmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; November 30th, 2021 at 03:34 AM.

I can't speak for Peterson, but I think you are right to consider them all as 'Christians' because all of their faith is due to Christ. No Christ would mean none of those 'Christians'.

Now some Christians might find it offensive to be 'lump' as those other less worthy 'Christians'... so they might prefer you to call them Catholics or Mormons or Jehovah Witnesses or whatever they self identified as, but the point is there shouldn't be any kind of laws telling people to refer to religious people by their appropriate names. Whether the law actually criminalizes or not is kinda irrelevant to me. Either way, this supposedly 'compassionate' law is dumb. If it doesn't criminalize violating assholes, then what's the point of the law? If it does criminalizes, then it's a law worthy of CCP(Canadian Communist Party)!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 30th, 2021 at 07:57 AM.

Administrator
    That's actually kinda fascinating, because my wife was raised Catholic and she has insisted that only Catholics are Christians, and that Protestants are Protestants. It's my understanding that if you follow a religion based on Christ, you're Christian.

In her case it definitely doesn't come from a hateful place (at least not with her, it likely did originally), it's just a categorization thing, like how you'd classify a tomato as a fruit rather than a vegetable.

Administrator
    Back to Peterson - the short version of my thoughts is that he's transphobic and couching that in a "I'm protesting against government overreach" argument. To me, that feels a lot like "my parents abuse me, so I'm going to be a bully in school to my smaller classmates."

He might have a legitimate argument, but his method of arguing it is just being a bully and an asshole to people he perceives as lesser. He both shows a disdain for trans people and also claims that he's the arbiter of who is "truly" trans, like he's some sort of master judge of it. There's also an element of "you have to make me comfortable with your being trans" that he brings up. Like it's their job to make their existence palatable to him for him to accept it. There's no reason he can't be respectful of people while also arguing what the government should be able to dictate, and I think beyond that he's grifting off anti-trans sentiment.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; November 30th, 2021 at 08:55 AM.

I really think you're mischaracterizing what he's saying.

He's not asking the marginalized to make him comfortable in order to be nice, he's just warning the leftist bullies to not push him around.

It's really simple actually... if somebody dresses as a girl, any normal human being would address to 'her'. Likewise, if some look like boys, then they'll be referred to as such. If you look neutral and we can't tell easily... then maybe we'll try to avoid referring to you as anything until you tell us who you really are. No biggie. Now, if you self identify as a king and wishes to be addressed as your majesty, then you can fuck off. To me, that's essentially what he's saying.

This is what's scary about the left extremists. It's just so easy to label somebody as a hateful asshole. I really don't believe Peterson and Chappelle are hateful assholes... and to me, Chappelle is pretty much the same Chappelle and not venturing down any misguided path. You only think he's venturing down a misguided path because of the corrective lenses that you're wearing.

I'm really interested to hear what Neanderthal has to say about Chappelle. Is his favorite comedian really is venturing down this misguide path?

Or how about you explain to me how is Chappelle venturing down a 'misguided' path?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 30th, 2021 at 09:35 AM.

Administrator
    I made an effort to listen to what he was saying. That's my take on it. I'm not sure how I can mischaracterize that.

He's claiming to be the arbiter of what gender is. His target is trans people and claiming he knows about gender identity, and that the government is trying to twist that. Is he making the same argument that the government is overreaching when it insists that 2 + 2 = 4? He's not. He's specifically saying that this is the line, that he knows better, and that the government is trying to force him to acknowledge otherwise.

Not only is he wrong about whether he's being forced, he's insisting that he knows better than actual trans people how gender works.

Call me an extremist if you want - he is using his transphobia as a way to grift off other hateful people to make a name for himself and make money. He is not a good person. He talks about people coming together in good faith to find the truth, but he is not doing that.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; November 30th, 2021 at 09:46 AM.

The search for truth shouldn't be about compelling others to dance for you. Peterson shouldn't do that... nor should trans people. People should just be allowed to freely have their conversations... and be allowed to choose to be nice or assholes on their own accord without a law hanging over their head.

Whether it's search for God or for gender, who really knows it all with absolute certainty? Do Christians really know who or what Jesus is? If so, there wouldn't be so many denominations! If Christians wish to preach, go ahead, you can preach, but people don't have to be compelled to do anything. People should be free to choose. Christians also shouldn't consider unrepentant sinners as assholes. For Jesus is pretty clear, we ought to not only love God, but also love our enemies! Christians are only commanded to spread the good news, not to compel people into a religion that they don't want to be in.

You are free to believe Canadian government knows better than Peterson if you want. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It's just mind boggling to me that you don't think people on the left are capable of being bullies. It's always the folks on the other side who are bullies.

Okay, let's just say Peterson is the asshole and move on...

What about that piece of Canadian law? Do you think it's necessary?