Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

As a counterpoint, my gf replaced her OnePlus 5 with a Pixel 4a and hasn't liked the move. Other than the camera sensor being better on the 4a, she preferred the OP5 experience.

My OP5 will eventually be replaced, no idea what with. It's the perfect size to me, kind of a medium phone. Bigger than the 4a by a bit, smaller than most other smartphones. I'd mainly be upgrading it for a newer camera.

Yeah, I should caveat my 4a experience with the fact that my previous phone was 4-5 years old and hadn't received an OS update in at least a year. I was getting a lot of new software to go along with ~3 years better hardware, so I don't know how it compares to other recent stuff.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Picked up a Pixel 4a earlier in the week and just set it up today. Everything transferred over fine, just getting used to the slight differences in use now from Sony's Xperia customisations.

Think I will need a case this time just to protect the camera bump on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    As a counterpoint, my gf replaced her OnePlus 5 with a Pixel 4a and hasn't liked the move. Other than the camera sensor being better on the 4a, she preferred the OP5 experience.

My OP5 will eventually be replaced, no idea what with. It's the perfect size to me, kind of a medium phone. Bigger than the 4a by a bit, smaller than most other smartphones. I'd mainly be upgrading it for a newer camera.

I should note, I went from OP5 to the Pixel 4, not the 4a. The 4 has better/smoother performance afaik, but the 4a has better battery life. 4 has a secondary zoom lens, 4a doesn’t. Etc.

Between Best Buy and AT&T deals right now, I can turn in my S10+ for an S21 Ultra for only $5/mo. ($200 off at BB plus $800 trade-in credit on $1200 phone over 36 mo.)

I love my S10, it's the only phone that has lasted this long (2 years) without any major signs of slowing down or battery problems (some that were software related popped up and went away at times). It has just started randomly hanging, especially when trying to type. I'd be happy to keep it, but I'm afraid if I pass up the deal, it will start to crap out and I'll be stuck with it until Black Friday.

Some reasons I don't want to upgrade:
    -No expandable memory. I'm using 97 out of the 128 GB on my S10, and that's not counting the 50GB of music on my SD card.
    -No headphone jack. I'm mostly over this one. The USB-C to 3.5mm jacks are cheap and I can throw some in my car and work bag. I use BT too, but sometimes when I get a phone call, it's just easier to use wired.
    -No more Bixby button. Don't laugh. I use an app to repurpose it. With the one button I can toggle my phone on vibrate/ring, play/pause/skip music, activate Google Assistant and flashlight. I use it allll the time.
    -36 mo. is a stupid long phone pay plan. sure I could pay it off early, but AT&T is evil, so that $800 works as monthly credits. So after let's say 18 mo., I'd still have a balance of $500, not $100.

Annnnyway, just thinking out loud.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

They're doing 36 months no interest payments now? Interesting.

AT&T is. I think the others are still on 24 or 30. I hate it. I'd much rather pay more over 24 months and have the thing paid off around the normal upgrade time or 2 years. They also charge now for the upgrade path.

Old system: 24 month plan, upgrade at 12 months OR 30 month plan, upgrade at 24 months.

New System: 36 month plan, no upgrade OR 36 month plan PLUS $5/mo to upgrade at 18 months.

I still miss the $200 phones with contracts, lol.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Oh you don't get to choose the length? See what deals they have at Best Buy, they can do 24 months and can get you set up on AT&T in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Between Best Buy and AT&T deals right now, I can turn in my S10+ for an S21 Ultra for only $5/mo. ($200 off at BB plus $800 trade-in credit on $1200 phone over 36 mo.)

I love my S10, it's the only phone that has lasted this long (2 years) without any major signs of slowing down or battery problems (some that were software related popped up and went away at times). It has just started randomly hanging, especially when trying to type. I'd be happy to keep it, but I'm afraid if I pass up the deal, it will start to crap out and I'll be stuck with it until Black Friday.

Some reasons I don't want to upgrade:
    -No expandable memory. I'm using 97 out of the 128 GB on my S10, and that's not counting the 50GB of music on my SD card.
    -No headphone jack. I'm mostly over this one. The USB-C to 3.5mm jacks are cheap and I can throw some in my car and work bag. I use BT too, but sometimes when I get a phone call, it's just easier to use wired.
    -No more Bixby button. Don't laugh. I use an app to repurpose it. With the one button I can toggle my phone on vibrate/ring, play/pause/skip music, activate Google Assistant and flashlight. I use it allll the time.
    -36 mo. is a stupid long phone pay plan. sure I could pay it off early, but AT&T is evil, so that $800 works as monthly credits. So after let's say 18 mo., I'd still have a balance of $500, not $100.

Annnnyway, just thinking out loud.
    Bro, I went from an S9 to an S21 Ultra 512GB. I still like my S9 but it was a good move.

- No expandable memory, no problem (at least for 3-4 years).
    - No headphone jack, no problem as I also got a free set of Galaxy Buds Pro thrown in. Which I pretty much use all the time now.
    - Admittedly, it has no Bixby button...
    - 36 months is about right, isn't it? Esp with no interest.

Google Pixel 6