Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

No cloud backup of saves is just stupid at this point.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    30 seconds, eh? k.
    Well, it's no PS4. It doesn't have dedicated video streaming/recording hardware.

To be fair I just found out the other day when I made that Donnington vid that the PS4 does 15 minutes of continuous recording at all times. It's not a feature I use a lot but was delighted when I stumbled onto it. I used to just broadcast it right to Youtube but it crops the screen with broadcast controls.

In reading about a "hidden" feature in the new update (limited USB audio out support), it's becoming a little clearer why Nintendo opted to not have Bluetooth audio support. According to people that used Bluetooth headphones with the Vita for audio, and people that have used BT dongle+headphones on the Switch, the delay makes playing games disorienting/difficult.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi..._wireless_usb/

Quote Originally Posted by Various reddit users
    The problem isn't as much "wireless in the abstract" as "standards-compliant bluetooth headsets, specifically, permit some crappy implementations with horrible potential latency issues". Not everyone will see those issues, as they depend on the particular feature mix between the device and headset used.
    Like, if you're using a headset with no bluetooth profiles except "headset" and that device has a crappy implementation of the CVSD codec, that doesn't support the A2DP profile at all... you're not going to experience joy. And if you forbid the use of devices like that, you're going to get complaints that the claim to support bluetooth audio is a lie.

-------------------------

I recently picked up a Bluetooth transmitter (on advice from someone on this very subreddit) to use with my AirPods and Switch, and the latency was so bad I couldn't play Picross S - a slow-paced puzzle game - for more than a few seconds.

-------------------------

The problem is that standard Bluetooth audio is just not up to snuff. There are plenty of audio over Bluetooth implementations that work just fine: Apple (W1), Sony (LDAC), and Qualcomm (aptX) all have their own proprietary extensions, but nobody so far seems interested in coming together and resolving Bluetooth's audio problems from the foundation.
    They could have figured out a partnership with someone to include one of the proprietary extensions and have some Nintendo-themed headsets, though.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    The reasons for me to buy a PS Vita are becoming slimmer by the day, with the announcement that VVVVVV is making its way to Switch on Nov 11th. I have it on PS Plus but with no console to play it on it just languishes in my account along with all of the other Vita games I’ll never play, but want to. I have it on PC but it’s not the platform for sweet portable game fodder like VVVVVV.

GameCube controller support was also added in the latest update, using the same USB hub that was used on the Wii U: https://kotaku.com/the-nintendo-swit...ers-1819795549
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Nintendo's latest quarterly fiscal details have been released, and they’ve revealed that 7.63 million Switch consoles have been sold so far. Their initial sales projection for the first 12 months was for 5 million units, but early success saw them revise that up to 10 million.

Well now that the Switch is smashing it’s goals, Nintendo has again revised up to 14 million by March next year.

The Wii U sold 13.5 in its entire lifetime.

Junior Potato
    A company called Sold Out Games (not to be confused with Limited Run, which has been publishing PS4 titles for a while and recently given support for Switch) has announced plans to publish physical releases of a few Switch hits, including Worms WMD and Overcooked, which should please those who prefer their games to be delivered via cartridge instead of digital download.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    A company called Sold Out Games (not to be confused with Limited Run, which has been publishing PS4 titles for a while and recently given support for Switch) has announced plans to publish physical releases of a few Switch hits, including Worms WMD and Overcooked, which should please those who prefer their games to be delivered via cartridge instead of digital download.
    That's great. I was just about to buy Snipperclips on the e-store but I just looked it up and a physical deluxe edition is coming out soon. I really want them to package Sonic Mania. There's a box set but it comes with a download code.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I was super bummed that Sonic Mania wasn’t a physical release, but on the flip side it only costs like $20 so that makes up for it.