Page 1340 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3408401240129013301338133913401341134213501390144018402340 ... LastLast
Results 13,391 to 13,400 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That feels like an unreasonable request. As far as I can tell, they reported the facts as they knew them, and of course different sides feel differently. What other facts would you expect them to provide? Or, maybe more importantly, what would you consider the factual threshold to be between reporting something and not reporting something?

(Aside: I know we normally [spoiler] him, but this felt like a reasonable conversation and I chose not to. If that bothers anyone, I'll go back and edit my posts)
    He's acting like the real journalists didn't go and get the Sanders side of the story from the grifter himself or his staff, because he doesn't like what was written.

And he had the nerve to complain about "fake news?" Where's the Jackie Chan "mind blown" gif when you need it. Or the "are you for real" Nick young one. Because he's going deep today. Deep into that "you're really not making sense here dude" sense.

I have no idea how you got that out of what I said. He has specific people who speak for the campaign - spokespeople. People he hired to. specifically. speak. as. the. campaign. They made a statement.

Yes, I'd rather have a statement directly from Sanders (that, if he had been willing to give, I 100% guarantee that the Post would have tripped over themselves to put online), but if he didn't give that statement, he *chose* to let his campaign to speak for itself via its spokespeople, who are hired by him to do that job.

Again, I don't know what you expect. If an official just refuses to comment, the media shouldn't report on anything they do?
    Plenty of news stories ended with reporter saying they tried to reach the other side for comment, but either couldn’t reach them or got no comments. Like I said, I’m cool with that.

Regarding this issue, sanders campaign statement never admitted to paying anyone below $15/hr or below living wage, right? Or did I fail at reading again? I also don’t understand why they had to mention that they’re unclear whether if sanders knows about it . Is he’s being hypocritical... or just clueless about his staff is working insane hours?

Is it too much to ask the media to help us make things clearer for us? They just couldn’t reach Bernie? Fine, I’d like to know if they tried.

As to the ‘fact’, what is a living wage? Is it really strictly based on hourly pay? If I’m getting paid $15/hr, that’s really a living wage?

What if my employer only let me work for just 1hr/wk? I’d be able to live on $15/wk?

I believe minimum living wage should be an annual figure. $15(40hr/wk)(52wk/yr)=$31200/yr

If you worked few more hrs with the same annual pay, then all of a sudden you’re no longer earning a living wage and will end up struggling to put food on the table? What’s the sudden hardship for? Lack of time to buy and prepare food I guess? Or do you eat more when you working longer hours?

Are these really hourly staffs or salary staffs? They are in the middle of negotiating, so they can’t really talk publically at the moment. Do you really need to publish this right now to help the negotiations?

So the workers won! They get the same living wage while working for less hours. But of course the damage is done and Neanderthal is still unhappy about the outcome.

I dunno, I personally think this kind of story is as pointless as the busing story and the more of these stories we come up with that can lower candidate ratings the more likely Trump will get re-elected.

To be fair to Neanderthal, Hillary for sure suffered the most with these kind of stories.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 19th, 2019 at 11:59 PM.

LOGIC GYMNASTICS. just like the republicans.

Any of you guys watch/ follow Beau of the Fifth Column on YouTube?

I don't remember how he started popping up on my YouTube. I've been out of work for five months, so I think YouTube was running out of ideas.

This fucking dude.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Plenty of news stories ended with reporter saying they tried to reach the other side for comment, but either couldn’t reach them or got no comments. Like I said, I’m cool with that.
    So did this one. It included an official statement from the campaign.

Anyway, bottom line is that this kind of stories don’t necessarily give us any definitive answers.

Resulting in people continue to believe whatever they want to believe and consequently further polarization.

People who love Bernie, Hillary or trump will continue to love them while haters will continue to hate.

I guess this is still a developing story and I hope WP will get to the bottom of it and won’t just leave us hanging to speculate whatever we want to speculate...

Administrator
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't feel like I'm having a hard time understanding the story or knowing what it is specifically saying. I do not think that the Post is the problem here.

It's ... ironic that wages and healthcare are what are holding up the negotiations in Bernie's campaign.

Aren't those the primary tenets of social justice?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't feel like I'm having a hard time understanding the story or knowing what it is specifically saying. I do not think that the Post is the problem here.
    Not saying you’re jerk of course. Just saying billi reading it thinks the post is trying to get back at sanders for the sake of their owner.

Neanderthal reading it will cause him to think I told you so Bernie is a hypocrite, fuck him!

Groups remain polarized reading these kind of story.

And this is just a friendly reminder that Hillary Paid for organisers $40k a year with great health benefits AND a 401K.

And she paid them through the end of the year!

But no class according to Republicans.