Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Phil_SS Unified Fleet Thread

Weird recall, glad they caught it!

This sounds like the same recall that is affecting 2013 BRZ/FR-Ss. Guessing the Impreza has the same 2-liter motor. Surprisingly, 2013 Twins on the used market have not been coming down in value in the last month or two. Maybe it's not as well known as I thought.

Good luck with the warranty work!

Actually, they don't use the same motor. The Impreza uses the FB while the BRZ/86 use the FA. The FA is based off the older EJ engines. While the FB is a brand new design. But they certainly could have been using the same parts or they could have been using the same manufacturer that was using crappy materials or who produced bad product due to poor processing controls.

They provided me with a 2019 Forester for my loaner vehicle.

• It's ok, I love the color which is a great shade of green. It's called Jade Green Metallic. Just fantastic!

• The interior is nice but not really any better than my car. Does have a touch screen. Though it is a light tan color, bleh. With kid and dog that is a no go. Because Subaru is dumb, they don't offer any dark interior color choices for the Jade Green Metallic unless you buy the top of the line model that is 35k and you get a saddle brown interior. FTMFL!

• I give credit to Subaru for staying steadfast and having the environmental controls be big rotating switches.

• It drives fairly nice, the 2.5L engine has a bit more grunt than my car's 2.0L, I could just lope along, even up hills.

• My wife liked it when she drove it with the A typical response of "I like that it drives like a car but I sit up higher" Cue all the manufacturers getting rid of their cars.

I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of my car. I know I know, Phil you've been saying that for like a year, shit or get off the pot.

Well, it's different now. My Father-in-law moved out of the country and left us with his car, 2013 Prius V. It was left on the accord that when he comes back to the US to visit he would then have a car. Thus for the rest of the 10.5 months, I have three cars for two people. And who knows when he will be back. My thought is the earliest will be Fall of 2020.

And since I kinda hate my car I want to get rid of it. But of course every time I bring it up with the wife, she gets nervous about what will happen when he does visit. And my answer to that is one of many things.

1) I buy a car. I will have a couple months notice and thus can shop with the knowledge that I have a car and can negotiate with the most power.
    2) I just rent a car for the time he is here. (Seems a little more $$ than I thought it would be.)
    3) I buy a cheap car and resell it after a few months.
    4) Borrow a car from my parents. Depending on the time of year this could be ok or not. I really don't want to drive a 13 passenger E350 van in the middle of the winter.

My car is basically paid off.....but I just hate seeing it sit. It feels like money just wasting away.

p.s. It also has another recall on it for a brake light switch. Which I think I already replaced myself due to failure. But I have to take it in for that.

lol, I was going to say you can borrow the van whenever you want but number 4 shot that down quick.

And the Subie is gone. Put it up on Craigslist and had a local dealer contact me and I took it out and they made me a fare offer.

Feels wierd. For the first time in 20 years I will be without a Subaru and technically for the first time in 26 years I will not own a car.

For now I will drive my FIL car. Maybe in the spring I will start looking again. What I would really like is a 2.5 RS.

There was one for sale in the autocross group, iirc

Don't you mean a 22B?????
    Get that weak shit off my track

Get something you'll bring out to tracknights.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    There was one for sale in the autocross group, iirc
    Hook a brother up with a link!