Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Endurance Season 2020 and Beyond

Administrator
    It looks a lot more like a modern Audi-Lamborghini to me with some hints of newer Ferraris. I think it looks good and is probably the best Corvette they've built. It's also not a Corvette.

I think it looks like the NSX I just don't think the current NSX is beautiful.

Administrator
    It does pale in comparison to the original, definitely.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I think it looks like the NSX I just don't think the current NSX is beautiful.
    Yeah it’s not beautiful.

Personally though I think it’s extremely H4WT and one of the best looking Japanese sports cars of the last ten years.

Interestingly it shares the corporate design language of the current Civic Type R and that thing is just… *shudder*

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Mister, mister, mister!

Imma let you finish, but the CTR is one of the best looking Gundam cars of all time... Of all time!
    acket.

Junior Potato
    This video is not really related to current endurance racing, but fuck it I’m putting it here anyway.

This is R8 chassis #603. It never won Le Mans but it’s significant to me as the car that sported the outstanding PlayStation livery when Oreca raced it until it’s retirement in 2005. It’s possibly my favourite sports car of all time.

I had been wondering where it ended up, and when this video popped up on YouTube I decided to look into it. I’m sad that it doesn’t wear the PlayStation livery any more, but it’s nice that it has been returned to its “spiritual” home with Audi UK.

I remember when the customer R8s started showing up. Lots of great liveries.

I really liked the Audi UK before they were Veloqx like in the video, or maybe it was a sister car? Such a beautiful shade of green.

I was super lucky to go to most Sebrings and/or PLM during the R8's reign. Saw pretty much all the liveries race except the Crocodile (saw it static though), Oreca Playstation and Goh, none of which ever raced in the states AFAIK. Spent a lot of time in the garage areas looking at them unsheathed as well. Lovely stuff.

one from my own collection:

Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Goddamn the R8 was such a glorious looking car.

Junior Potato
    It's a modern classic. The design is 20 years old but somehow it doesn't look old.

But then again newer LMPs look like they're from the future.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    The green and silver Audi UK car was from 2003, then they became the purple and silver Veloqx duo in 2004. The green and silver car was infamous at Le Mans for retiring from the opening hour of the race because Frank Biela ran one lap too far and ran out of fuel. It was one of the few times an R8 failed to finish at Le Mans.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via