Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody stop me... (Gaming PC Build Thread)

Junior Potato
    Bought myself a new mouse and keyboard, which I've needed for ages. It's the most I've ever spent on these sort of peripherals. I'm stuck at home with little to do apart from play games and browse the internet, so that slightest of justifications leads me to ask myself, why not?

So I bought a Logitech G703 wireless mouse and a G613 wireless keyboard. The mouse was in stock so I have it already, while the keyboard will arrive next week. And the mouse feels supremely excellent to use in comparison to my 5-year-old and well-used $80 K520 mouse and keyboard combo (also Logitech). It's got a nice light weight to it, and it's larger by a good 1.5cm in length and 0.5cm in height; perfect for my gorilla hands with stubby fingers.

Plus it has RGB lighting

I'll report in when I get the keyboard later.

I have loaded up on some Amazon ssd deals for my ryzen build.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Bots are the bane of my existence.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Bots are the bane of my existence.
    No context needed.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    You know it's REEDICKULOUS when there's a live youtube "video" in-stock ticker, that refreshes every 2 seconds, and it says "Please watch your delay by comparing with time.gov. It should be between 4-8 seconds. Refresh if higher"

ffs, so a 4 second delay = fucked.

This is so fucking stupid.

Junior Potato
    If you’re really desperate you could pay your subscription fee and join the bot brigade.

But I say don’t feed that machine, you’d only encourage them.

What is it you’re after? I hear one of the retailers in your region has a queueing system for the new GPUs.

Was driving by MicroCenter (on my way to Wally World) at 1:00p and checked to see if there was a line. There was and it was an hour long wait to get.

For Black Friday Wally World was dead, it seemed like a normal Saturday afternoon.
    Last edited by XHawkeye; November 27th, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    If you’re really desperate you could pay your subscription fee and join the bot brigade.

But I say don’t feed that machine, you’d only encourage them.

What is it you’re after? I hear one of the retailers in your region has a queueing system for the new GPUs.
    As it is, I have a notification setup with Amazon and Newegg for a 5900X, and a RTX3080 (and notifications setup for 3080/3090 on EVGA). But, the RX 6900XT is supposed to be released (and sold out in 2.14 seconds) on Dec 8.

I can hold out for the GPU to see how the 6900 competes with the 3080/3090. Right now, I just want to get a 5900X and I can use the 1080 with it.

Administrator
    I'm almost as set against using a bot as I am against buying from a scalper, no matter how low the price gets.

I've seen a couple that aren't all that much more than MSRP, but fuck those guys, I hope they have to sell them at a loss.

Yeah, it's a bit like PS5s. I am waiting for enough stock to be released so that the asshole scalpers have to sell at a loss. I can see that screwing those mofos will be one major advantage of a cloud-based console/subscription service.