Page 227 of 433 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Former co-worker, a CRNA, made a comment that is chilling.

Hospitals in LA are beginning to ration care.
    Just curious, since you took the vaccine have you experienced any side effects? Did you have to take more than one shot? How do you feel in general since?

My wife got her first dose on saturday, she had some muscle and joint pain, as well as a persistent chill through yesterday morning. Seems to be all good since then though.
    As a note - This is the first time she remembers ever getting side effects from a vaccine - and she's been getting the yearly flu shot since before I met her.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Junior Potato
    I get those same side-effects when I get a Flu vaccine. Goes away after one or two days.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Former co-worker, a CRNA, made a comment that is chilling.

Hospitals in LA are beginning to ration care.
    The news has been reporting that for a good week and a half out here. EMTs were told not to even bother trying to bring people to a hospital unless they thought it was likely they could be saved. Rationing oxygen, too.

Administrator
    1 in 10 people in LA county has tested positive at some point, county scientists believe the actual number is closer to 1 in 3.

Administrator
    Just in case you still have any of those "covid is just killing people that were going to die anyway" folks in your life, Los Angeles has waived air-quality restrictions on the number of cremations that can happen daily just to handle the sheer number of bodies.

Junior Potato
    You should start a rumour saying that you'll get COVID if you breathe the air in from those cremated bodies, and the only way to prevent this is if you STAY HOME or WEAR A MASK if you go outside

Junior Potato
    I suppose Los Angelinos are across this already:

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...q3o1LxzCvnYtI8

I was watching the local news this morning and they are now setting up immunization locations to administer the vaccine to front line workers. A project that will take six weeks to complete. They're JUST starting now. This is Canada...not Rwanda, you'd think we would have access to the vaccine shortly after the US.

What does that mean for the rest of the population? By the end of the summer or into the fall if we're lucky, I think.

My parents are over 65, next group after front line workers and vaccines are still not available yet for them supposedly until February. we, LA county, are probably one of the worst counties in the nation in terms of cases and deaths, yet we are also one of the slowest in this regard...

On top of moderna vaccines being on hold now due to large numbers of allergic reactions...

Expect delays and quit complaining!