Page 401 of 521 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 5203

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

Administrator
    It is the most irritating thing when a rider is slower than you. Continually having to pass them over and over again because they can't, for some reason, stop behind you at the light just makes me bonkers.

I'm creeped out by the fact that you can look on the internet to discover the identity (or at least a user name on a website) of someone you see riding a bike.

I also don't understand shoaling. Oh, I know what it is, but I don't understand why someone would elbow past another rider who got there first. Effin' rude, says I.

Administrator
    I'm actually a little creeped out about it too. I guess if I was that worried about it I could either not have my real name on Strava and a fake avatar or just use a different service for tracking.

Actually, I wonder if I set a ride to private if it wouldn't be visible on the Flyby mode?

Your visibility on Flyby can be switched off in your security settings.

I rarely get shoalled on my roadie, but it happens all the time on my flat-bar commuter bike.

Administrator
    Yeah, the guy in the flyby was clearly a quick rider, though I still don't shoal even if I know I'm faster just because who knows, maybe the person was slowing up for some reason when I first saw them (like I had - the light was red and I knew it was going to be red for a while so I coasted up). Still, I was on my Madone at the time. Guy on the folding bike had no excuse, and he went on to do it 4 more times on the stretch up Venice Blvd.

I'm totally in the market for a CX bike now ...

Sell-out.

I said CX not fixie

So my main requirements are that I want mechanical brakes (because mechanics, including the guy I use all the time, hate dealing with hydraulic ones) and the same gear ratios I have on my road bike (ie. compact cranks and 11-32). I haven't visited many stores or anything yet, but here's the initial contenders with the +ves and -ves ...

Norco Search
    + cheap
    + meets brake and drivetrain requirements
    + is a "gravel" bike more than full blown CX (more road-like geometry)
    - alloy forks
    - sora level componentry (Shiamo's shittiest)

Felt FX65
    + price isn't too bad
    + meets brake requirements
    + carbon forks
    - drivetrain has CX ratios ... which are dumb

Masi CXGR
    + carbon forks
    + meets brake and drivetrain requirements
    + yay Masi!
    - most expensive
    - not available in Australia (would need to ship from NZ)

Last edited by G'day Mate; February 10th, 2017 at 04:15 PM.

I'm sure Mr. B has seen this, but here's a link in case not. While I'm happy with my old craigslist bikes for now, I can't help but check out what's new and expensive and blurs the line between road and mountain bike.

Check out the Masi Giromondo, capable of running medium width 700c tires and mountain bike 27.5"/650b tires. Those options are ideal for the terrain where I live but maybe not for everyone and probably way too heavy and slow for someone at G'day Mate's level.

https://www.masibikes.com/bikes/steel/giramondo-2016