Page 1080 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 80580980103010701078107910801081108210901130118015802080 ... LastLast
Results 10,791 to 10,800 of 24808

Thread: Politics

George, debt isn't always that evil. If it's investment that has a good chance of paying off, then raise the debt ceiling I say!

It really all depends on what you're borrowing money for. It doesn't make sense to borrow money to buy stuffs that depreciate with time, however, buying a house or business with borrowed money isn't quite the same because not only is it possible to increase in value over time, but it's also possible for them to generate income!

Infrastructure could be paving the way as investment..., however it is possible for stupid politicians to simply waste the money building bridges to nowhere too...

Anyway, point is as long as there's a good chance to get some returns in the future, I don't mind having no debt ceiling.

Adjusting the debt ceiling isn't the issue for me, but wasting taxpayers' money for stupid wars is.

I'm actually a huge fan of cutting spending overall, but that doesn't mean cutting services. I'm a firm believer that a lot of our bloat comes from multiple levels of for-profit businesses sticking their hands in the pot. Hard to cut the fat, though, when the ones who'd write the new rules would end up "hurting" due to them.

As far as being "gimme gimme", I suppose I qualify. I think we have enough wealth and resources in this country to feed, house, educate, and provide healthcare to everyone at a basic level. I think improving the base level of quality of life is more important than increasing the wealth of the absolute richest though, and I understand that makes me unamerican.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    At the same time, the only way for the public mindshare to eventually demand it, is if someone like Sanders continues to talk about it. He doesn't have much standing on the other topics, let others discuss them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Sure, this is his first online town hall. But, he's been talking about it since at least the 90s.
    Of course Trump won't sign it. But, things don't happen by the President making it so. It happens by changing public opinion and slowly moving in the right direction.

He has also been talking about PR more than most other senators, and even presented a plan to help them.
    You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Seriously, we have bigger politicians to fry than Bernie Sanders.

I'd agree with you that the guy is probably tone deaf to other folks. The dude continues on preaching on the same message of narrowing the gap between rich and poor since the very beginning of his career. The problem is probably gazillion times worse now... and he's still at it.

Most non-tone deaf folks probably would've given up by now... by either the sound of money or of hopelessness...

The dude has integrity. That's why the Bernie-or-busters love him.

Conservative politicians hide their BS behind Jesus Christ. As if pretending to be a Godly Christian man make you well suited for the job.
    Liberal politicians hide their BS behind political correctness. As if pretending to supporting gay, minority, illegal immigrant rights or whatever cool at the moment make you well suited for the job.

Don't get me wrong, Liberals are still by far way better than Conservatives. Obama is way better than W and probably most other republican presidents! However, even Obama has integrity issues. From the beginning as a Jr Senator who claimed that he's not going to run for president... to the eventual record holder of withholding FOIA requests and surveillance crap. So I don't fully trust what Obama would do behind closed doors... and I trust Hillary even less... naturally I trust Trump the least. That's why I voted for neither.

You can settle for the lesser of 2 evil to try to avoid Trump. That's fine. It's your vote.

I'd continue my tone deaf kinda vote.

Seriously, 800,000 people whose status is in limbo is a more important issue than the health of hundreds of million of Americans? Must we fight so hard for dreamers to the extent of shutting down government? I'm glad the democratic senators blinked 1st rather than continue to hold the nation hostage like that.

I'm sick of these ideological fights.

Bernie Sanders don't play that. He's more focused on actually solving fucking problems for average Americans.

I do hope dreamers can eventually become Americans too rather than be deported. However, I also have no problems putting Americans 1st. We have to set our priorities straight.

I gotta feed my family 1st before I feed the poor.

Man. You drank all the Kool Aid didn't you. You distilled it to it's purest essence then snorted that shit or mainlined it, or ingested it somehow. You've convinced yourself that he is some sort of saviour to American politics.

Well, let me disabuse you slightly of that notion.

Bernie Sanders is everything he accused Hillary Clinton of being. He's a warmongering corporate shill. He voted for regime change in Iraq and Libya. Voted to expand the war in Afghanistan. Voted to use force in Kosovo. Voted for the very crime bill he accused Hillary of being racist over. Voted to protect the NRA and fun manufactures, but voted against immigration reform, the Amber alert, and harsher punishments for sexual offenders. He voted for the Commodity Futures Modernisation Act which directly led to the financial collapse in 2008. He's been in public office for over 30 years and he has never passed a bill to protect womens, workers, LBGQT, minorities, college students or voters rights.

He never had a steady payroll check, and was on welfare, for most of his adult life, until his first job, in government. He didn't release his taxes like Hillary Clinton did.
    He committed to fund raise for the DNC and the down ballot candidates (both he and Mrs Clinton agreed to the same terms) and then didn't do any fundraising or campaigning, while Hillary did.

I'll just let you read this article rather than continuing my long rant.

I'll conclude by posting this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DV7yx2y3TtY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Administrator
    That was a neat bug. I edited this post and it created a new post instead, and since we still can't delete posts, now you get this nonsense.

Administrator
    Reposting vid to help neanderthal out:

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Too bad since I highly doubt anything will come of the Russia investigation.
    Just my feelings on the matter today -- in fact, I'm doubling-down: NOTHING WILL COME OF THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION.

Or anything else, really. Trump, for all his low approval rating, is still very strong with traditional Republicans and a sizable chunk of Independents. Mid-terms could flip the House at best, that's not enough to dethrone him (need the Senate for that).

Re-election? Hell, he's got good odds as long as the DNC continues to put up weak candidates, alienating their own base much less swaying swing-votes. #shrug

So fuck it Dude, let's go bowling.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    it's not about whether nothing will come of the russia investigation, there's PLENTY that will come of it...the question is whether it will actually affect him.

Also....35 republicans are not running for re-election....so either they're happy they passed the tax bill to help their donors and abandoning ship, or they're scared about soemthing

I will believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Bernie Sanders is everything he accused Hillary Clinton of being.
    I have to disagree.
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...e-sanders-hol/

Even if you're right that Sanders is just as lousy as Hillary. It still doesn't make me want to support Hillary. I can tell you that the primary was possibly rigged from personal experience. I voted ONLY for Bernie Sanders on my ballot and nothing else. The machine just couldn't 'read' my selection. I had to make more selections in order for the machine to accept my 'vote'. Anyway, even if I was just delusional..., you should be asking the democrats who voted for Hillary over Sanders to fuck themselves! Why the fuck do they have to support her when Sanders is just as lousy? Here's another fun fact:

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...nton-bernie-s/

Bernie Sanders has the highest favorable rating across all political spectrum.

You fucking stupid liberals just had to pick Hillary, huh? Assuming DNC didn't mess with the primaries, you guys can go fuck yourselves too then? You have the nerve to blame voters like me for voting for somebody they really want and with higher chance of beating the pussy grabbing orangeutan?

He's a warmongering corporate shill.
    What are you talking about?
    https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...entagon-219386

He never had a steady payroll check, and was on welfare, for most of his adult life, until his first job, in government. He didn't release his taxes like Hillary Clinton did.
    I have a steady payroll check, but that somehow makes me a better politician? Had been on welfare disqualifies you from becoming President? Yes, Bernie is slow to release his taxes, but I suppose his wife eventually did get to it. Did it reveal anything inappropriate? Conflict of interests like Trump?

Anyway, everyone should just masturbate away and vote how ever they want. It's your vote.

Personally, I don't like Trump or Hillary, but should either one become the president, I'll live with it. I seriously doubt Trump is crazy enough to start a world war that'll destroy his own hotels. We'll survive this evil for now..., and I'm still going to vote for who I believe in rather than the lesser of the 2 evils. I also have no problems fucking myself.

Maybe I'm bamboozled. However, if you're still crying over Hillary, you're poisoned by liberal ideology.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 1st, 2018 at 10:00 AM.