Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    It’s also amazing every team breaks even in the end. Lost no money and made no money.
    You literally can’t spend more money that what you have. If you do, you go out of business. If you’re a small team with a low budget, every cent it’s spent on things that make you go faster.

So why are they complaining about cost?
    It’s so they can spend more money on things that make them go faster, which lets them win more points, which gives them more money.

And what would be the motivation for making improvements?
    If you’re a sportsperson, you need more money in order to win. If you’re a businessperson, you need more money in order to win, and then use that as part of your marketing campaign in order to sell more of the things you make that earns your company more money.

D’ya get it?

I’m sure it’s more a financial accounting game to make everybody look like they’re breaking even like that. Can you imagine normal businesses operating like that? No losses and no profits? All the teams?

If Force India could do that well spending so relatively ‘little’, Williams shouldn’t complain by doing such a lousy job. Mclaren also should just kill themselves... because theyre the worst sports and business team!

It’ll also be nice to know how much of the teams current budget is used to stay competitive and how much was used to develop next years car. Force India might have spent quite a bit previous year so that they’re able to stay competitive this year even under administration... so given the chaotic low budget this year, next years car might be crap...

Anyway, still pretty nice to be able to get a glimpse of their finances I suppose...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 22nd, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

Administrator
    Well, I mean, the charts show when shareholders subsidized the team to get them to break even. There's not really any magic here....

Well, I’m a shareholder of some companies and I have never subsidized any of the companies that I own stock with whenever they lose money so I wouldn’t know.

Administrator
    The graphic under Alfa Romeo Sauber literally says "after shareholder subsidies" under "break even".
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 22nd, 2018 at 09:19 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    That's why I hold Claire Williams in high regards. She is a majority shareholder of a Frankfurt-traded company and in spite of everything she kept control of it thru the PDVSA and Stroll years. I hope they do well in the transition year (years?) before the new ruleset, I hope all of the 3 independents do well, actually.
    acket.

All the cars being on an even playing field benefits everyone. I love a good competitive race instead of the recent “7th place is like winning” mentality.

So getting back the F3 crash at Macau, here's an interview with Sophia Floersch, looking quite healthy, hoping to get back in a car next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    All the cars being on an even playing field benefits everyone. I love a good competitive race instead of the recent “7th place is like winning” mentality.
    Spec racing is awesome. F1 is pretty much the last place where it's "build your own car and see where you stand." It should stay that way. Plenty of other places to find vehicular parity in racing.

Not talking about spec racing. Just saying it would be nice if 7th place wasn’t seen as some kind of badge of courage.